1993 Lotus Sport Monocoque

Re:

Bit of polishing done today but have decided that until I have done most of the reassembly is done, it's not worth doing any more as I just keep putting fingermarks on it....So I took my life in my hands and threaded the new hydraulic cable through the frame. I used the little red hose connector that comes in Rockshox Reverb kits to help. To say it was a nerve racking thread through would be an understatement but all went well as you can see below.

46293040974_27cd39a5e1_c.jpg

Then I decided to start reinstating some of the bling and put the magura hose connectors on. I am using a tensile kit but the brass olive is very loose so I assume it needs some sort of clamping tool, anybody got any idea's before I start searching google.

I am pleased with the look of the nitrided bits and hopefully they are enough but not too much bling if you catch my drift.

46293040154_8454c0011b_c.jpg

Looking sharp....nitride stuff is spot on..

I'm pretty sure the olive should deform to fit once the compression fitting is tightened. It's been a long time since I installed a set of Maguras. I'll wait for someone else to confirm my thoughts.

one_bad_mofo":qvd3pgk3 said:
I'm pretty sure the olive should deform to fit once the compression fitting is tightened. It's been a long time since I installed a set of Maguras. I'll wait for someone else to confirm my thoughts.
That would make sense. Thanks for the reply

Re:

After a bit of a wait from the anodisers (a bit of a mix up at their end), the anodising finally arrived :D Very pleased, the gear lever clamps haven't come out as Goldy as I want but you can't guarantee what colour different aluminium will go but actually they are a bit more subtle than blingy. The brake levers however are as spangly as I wanted. They have also nailed the grey pace colour for the magura mounts and headset and all for £30 including return post. Very impressed :D

40214298733_55c6f79ecf_c.jpg

PeachyPM":lo02xrfr said:

Agreed, I love following builds like this - inspiration stuff

BTW Peachy your mini road bike rescue with wee Jimmy was also a great journey

yakboy":3w3nes7g said:
one_bad_mofo":3w3nes7g said:
That would make sense. Thanks for the reply
Yep, once you clamp them in they deform to fit, if only I could remember the instructions / torque.
Love a build like this, alt the way through it gets finer & finer.

MR OX":crn40gpx said:
Love a build like this, alt the way through it gets finer & finer.

Thanks for the kind words everyone. I seem to be getting a little carried away with this build but I have such a clear vision of what the frame deserves I have to do it justice.

Back