1988 Falcon K2

Graham_hkr

Specialized Fan
So pleased to be the new owner of the beautiful Falcon K2
In remarkable condition for its age and a credit to its former owner (jigbuster) I'm gonna give it a quick check over & clean-up and throw my leg over it this weekend.
Anyone got any info on this as I know there has been a few around (one narrowly missing out of BOTM in October 2014) It all look original to me even the tyres after some research?
all I'm looking for is a bottle cage if anyone has one kicking around.
I'll post more pics over the weekend.
Cheers
G

Looks in great original condition. I don't think there's much love on here for these old Falcon MTB's. As you can probably tell from the overwhelming response! :LOL:

Personally I like them, I have a 1980's Falcon Everest also with a Tange frame patiently waiting for a rebuild.

Looking forward to seeing more pics.

Oldskool13":2xy7dw75 said:
Looks in great original condition. I don't think there's much love on here for these old Falcon MTB's. As you can probably tell from the overwhelming response! :LOL:
lol.... yes that did cross my mind tbh... :D :D
Must admit it wasn't on top of my most wanted list either but I did think it was well worth saving from an uncertain future.
Personally I've become quite fond of it in the short time I've had it & really looking forward to getting her back on the road, after all, Retro Bike isn't just for Klein's, Kona's, Marin's, Orange's & Dimond Back's.... is it! ;)
Thanks for the reply OS... :LOL:

Joe_Rides":1n4wx6ig said:
I think it's lovely, and certainly a good save. It's a charming looking thing.
Yeah & it'll look even better when it's had a little TLC..
Cheers Jr.. :D

Oldskool13":py6ppfg2 said:
I don't think there's much love on here for these old Falcon MTB's. As you can probably tell from the overwhelming response! :LOL:

I beg to differ! This one already received a fair bit of love when it was first listed up here: viewtopic.php?f=78&t=394777

No it's not high end, or particularly rare, or iconic, but mine was a nice lively ride. As far as non-exotic bikes from that era go, its one of the better ones, IMO.

Below are links to mine and Gravy Monster's K2s. He liked his, too!

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=275276
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=349632

I'd like to kit one out with, say, some MT62 and some lightweight wheels. I felt that the frame was worthy of some upgrades...but didn't have the heart to mess with such an original bike. I'd buy another if I had a big enough shed.

bluetomgold":2mvjlc6p said:
Oldskool13":2mvjlc6p said:
I don't think there's much love on here for these old Falcon MTB's. As you can probably tell from the overwhelming response! :LOL:

I beg to differ! This one already received a fair bit of love when it was first listed up here: viewtopic.php?f=78&t=394777

No it's not high end, or particularly rare, or iconic, but mine was a nice lively ride. As far as non-exotic bikes from that era go, its one of the better ones, IMO.

Below are links to mine and Gravy Monster's K2s. He liked his, too!

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=275276
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=349632

I'd like to kit one out with, say, some MT62 and some lightweight wheels. I felt that the frame was worthy of some upgrades...but didn't have the heart to mess with such an original bike. I'd buy another if I had a big enough shed.

Fair point but I still maintain that we are in a minority on here. Still, that means that we can pick up bargains that are overlooked by the rest. :mrgreen:

Back