Roberts Genesis

pazaudi

Retro Guru
Hi all,
Just wanted to show you my newly acquired Chas Roberts that I picked up a few weeks ago (seen in the obligatory kitchen corner). Some may have seen this last night on FB so apologies for the repeat, I've had some good comments with people on there.

This previously belonged to a member of this forum so full credit goes out to Jerky for this build, his original thread is on here from around 2009 which also includes a post from the original member who purchased this in 1994ish. I'll add the link when I can find it.

Personally I think Jerky has done a superb job by picking not only a beautiful frame but also choosing pretty much the exact spec that I would have chosen for it. I was tempted to put my own stamp on it but to be honest I think it's perfect as it is. If anything I "may" put on a full 3 ring chainset but I will see how I feel in the future, I already have a Middleburn RS-3 chainset that I was reserving for a separate build but I thin this looks good with just the one ring.

Having exchanged message with someone on Facebook yesterday evening, I've received contact details for Pace who I will send the forks off to be re-built at some point soon.

Happy to receive any advice, opinions or pointers on this bike.

oqNJ2am.jpg

RNOWwoI.jpg

xCpQQR6.jpg

h57Ywha.jpg

8P83Wo8.jpg

494yxQc.jpg

Beautiful, personally i would go with the triple front.

Have you had a chance to ride it yet?

Mark

No not yet, need to sort the brakes out a little bit first but hoping to try it out this weekend.

Latest posts

Back