1993 Kona Hot - Red fade.

Re:

Been a while. First of a series of change outs.

Attachments

• 56D22F8D-327F-44FD-8E29-91ABC35DCF2E.jpeg
    56D22F8D-327F-44FD-8E29-91ABC35DCF2E.jpeg
    25.7 KB · Views: 952
Re: 1993 Kona Hot - Red fade

Very nice, but we need more pics of the bike :)

mark

Re:

Good work Romanrinos.

I think that I speak for a few on here when I say that your bike is well place in the Kona Dream Builds feature on the Konaworld website.

It’s lovely to see that Kona are proud to reflect on their history, and show other riders how and why their early models are so cherished.

Pip.

Re: Re:

mynchiboy":3lldbcgs said:
Very cool, nice writeup! Still one of the threads that I go back to again and again :)

Thank you for the nice feedback. Believe it or not the build is still progressing! Some nice condition original P2s have been found. Funny enough - I couldn't take my eyes off your orange 1991 Hot when I first saw it! :shock:

Good work Romanrinos.

I think that I speak for a few on here when I say that your bike is well place in the Kona Dream Builds feature on the Konaworld website.

It’s lovely to see that Kona are proud to reflect on their history, and show other riders how and why their early models are so cherished.

Pip.

And thank you Pip. Been pretty overwhelmed with the response. It has something like over 2.1k+ likes at present on KonaBikes insta count. :oops: The best feedback was to hear that Tom Teesdale's own ride was a 93' Hot :!:

Re: 1993 Kona Hot - Red fade

romanrinos":wl8c26ty said:
http://cog.konaworld.com/kona-dream-builds-sandors-1993-tom-teesdale-built-kona-hot/

Very well deserved dude and great to see the positive feedback you got.

Re:

Cheers Al, that's appreciated. It was a great feeling to finally obtain that feeling of 'closure' on what was a few years worth of effort, not only for myself, but also of those who denoted parts and gave feedback.

Steve_T for example, from Ontario, was a regular messenger. His last post was Sun Nov 20, 2016, and sadly I've no idea what happened to him (bit like Anthony) He had a Hot that Dekerf re-painted for him, but later sold on, and the Sugino Might XP cranks and chrome velocity stem were the remnants of that he donated under a modest sale.

From that perspective, it gives a small feeling of responsibility that builds like this you don't merely 'own', but from the public interest, you become a custodian to one day pass on down the line.

Re:

Thanks Milpool. The purple old faithful is going to be getting upgrade this spring. Came with full XT except for the cranks, pedals and seatpost.
Still love that bike - rides fast solid on the downhills!

Latest posts

Back