Return to retro....Orange content .. test ride pics

clockwork davo

98+ BoTM Winner
Orange 🍊 Fan
Feedback
View
So some years ago, i got the retro bug and rebuilt my 93 clockwork, some of the long term members of the forum may remember the clockwork that was so close to becoming BOTM :facepalm: still gutted :(

for the one's that don't remember or to refresh you minds here are a few pics

so time and life went on, and for some daft reason the clockwork got sold, and i headed down the route of soul less modern mountain bikes and road bikes.

moving on some 10 years, 2 kids a house move later about 3/4 months ago i had an itch !!!!

so a little google later and i found that Retrobike still existed and some of the old posters where still active....

all of a sudden i found myself hunting down bikes and with a blink of an eye I've ended up with 3 new projects :D :roll:

These 3 beauties...

The triplets are a
89 neon yellow clockwork thanks to MatBH5
90 orange fade clockwork thanks to Cheshire1980
92 orange fade prestige thanks to MacRetro rider

so all 3 are kinda being built at the moment and i've made a good start as you can all see from the following pics, i'll swapped forks around on/off but all are work in progress ;)

First the 89 clockwork DX

90 clockwork XT

92 prestige XT with RC30’s

so that as far as I've got with them , i've got most parts to finish them just need some time for fitting them and then cabling them all

Hope your've all enjoyed my little picture show and i'll update with more pics as and when I've done some more wrenching :xmas-wink:

Nearly forget this old girl (my original 89 Clockwork) is in the queue to....... watch this space

Cheers and Happy Chrimbo :xmas-big-grin:

Re:

That really is too many clockworks for one person to have :). You should sell one to me...

They look lovely BTW. Especially the prestige.

Re: Return to retro....Orange content ... clockworks & prestige

Nice to see my 1990 clockwork built up, great that it has gone to such an enthusiast! Looks the biz! :xmas-cool:

Re:

Seriously :cool:

Love the clockworks + prestige. Iconic colourways and all look in great shape.

The Original one in the 1st pictures is one of my favourite bikes on Retrobike. Looks like you're keeping the standard high with the next crop of Oranges.

Watching with Interest.

boy"O"boy

Re: Return to retro....Orange content ... clockworks & prestige

Had a bit of time free, so cracked on a wee bit with the yellow beast

It primarily just needs grips, clips and cables

And it will run a turbo saddle when I finally get round to grabbing one

Be keen on thoughts ?

In a perfect would I’d maybe prefer a Deore II group but I had the DX “in stock “

Apologies about the XT levers i just prefer them

Back