1993 Lotus Sport Monocoque

yakboy":j80hvqjl said:
44484220300_8eb0ac7562_o.jpg

I'm not going to comment.....

I will.... this just needs a tan seat, tan tape and tan walls........ I'd ride it! :xmas-big-grin:

Re:

Frame, sanded, masked, degreased, shed cleaned and as dust free as possible. All the rest of the family watching the Strictly Final tonight giving me a good few hours....Wish me luck

31386856477_85587f5d0e_c.jpg

Keeeeeeeep Spraying!

Hope you don't have a disaaaarster deeerey! (that's your actual strictly that is) :facepalm:

Re:

Sound like you are a secret Strictly fan!!! From other posts on here looks like you are looking for an alloy Lotus, will keep my eyes peeled.

Re:

6 hours and six coats later.....

46330586921_a22378af50_c.jpg

Got to say that black shows up every little blemish :shock: Will wait a week then crack out the wet and dry for a colour sand prior to lacquering

Re: Re:

Timoth27":2cxyuih6 said:
Wow that looks awesome mate top job.
Don't look too closely :shock:

I'm pleased with the base coat, a bit of orange peel but with six coats on I can wet sand before the clearcoat goes on.

yakboy":27upf4xz said:
Timoth27":27upf4xz said:
Wow that looks awesome mate top job.
Don't look too closely :shock:

I'm pleased with the base coat, a bit of orange peel but with six coats on I can wet sand before the clearcoat goes on.

Anyone who says he can get an immaculate super smooth finish straight from the gun/can is fooling themselves.
I’ve never not had to cut between coats, and in some places 1500 and polish to finish!
Hardest thing I’ve found is leaving it alone long enough for it to really have gassed off and properly hardened, especially this time of year.

Ps, Mrs Peachy says we need to watch strictly for ‘family time’ :facepalm:

PPs cheers for the look out on the ali Lotus :xmas-big-grin:

PeachyPM":1kg51fmp said:
Anyone who says he can get an immaculate super smooth finish straight from the gun/can is fooling themselves.
I’ve never not had to cut between coats, and in some places 1500 and polish to finish!
Hardest thing I’ve found is leaving it alone long enough for it to really have gassed off and properly hardened, especially this time of year.

I'm going to leave it a couple of weeks until the new year weekend, start with 800 grit and work up to 2500

As a man literally surrounded by Lotus’s day to day I’m locked into this one......dream frame if I could find one!

Back