1992 Claud Butler Antaeus 653 Magnum FINISHED

Re: Claud Butler Antaeus 653 - 3 times a lady

He made the point way better than I did. But the same issue. Especially for an mtb. With a big guy on it.

None meant.

Retro Spud":wpasyik5 said:
The History Man":wpasyik5 said:
Don’t like them myself. That length is your contact area. So much for minimum insert eh?

Your right ^ the contact area is limited and much has been written about USE posts and the small sleeve / reduced contact area.

In this regard I bought two sleeves and removed the flange on one. Then found the correct height for the post - one that I was comfortable with for ride height, carefully marked the post accordingly and then removed it.
Greased everything up and put both shims on the post before incerting it gently into the frame- bit tricky due to tolerances and very much a one hit (must get it right 1st time) as pulling the seatpost out will leave the lower one behind

The sleeves are easy enough to get out so long as you tube is clean of dirt and your all lube’d up :shock:

Already bought 2 with the same idea in mind except I'm gonna try using adhesive aluminium foil tape to hold them together, just fits. :xmas-cool:

The History Man":upngtywt said:
Especially for an mtb. With a big guy on it.

Cheers bud :shock:

The History Man":3gwho8y3 said:
PeachyPM":3gwho8y3 said:
The History Man":3gwho8y3 said:
Especially for an mtb. With a big guy on it.

Cheers bud :shock:
By your own admission and frame choices I think. Xxx

It’s like observing a long distance Bromance, come June you two will be having a full on love in session at THM track side tepee.

I don’t think anyone could ever seriously compete with Legrandfromage for THM’s affection! :oops:

Retro Spud":15a5poku said:
The History Man":15a5poku said:
Don’t like them myself. That length is your contact area. So much for minimum insert eh?

Your right ^ the contact area is limited and much has been written about USE posts and the small sleeve / reduced contact area.

In this regard I bought two sleeves and removed the flange on one. Then found the correct height for the post - one that I was comfortable with for ride height, carefully marked the post accordingly and then removed it.
Greased everything up and put both shims on the post before incerting it gently into the frame- bit tricky due to tolerances and very much a one hit (must get it right 1st time) as pulling the seatpost out will leave the lower one behind

The sleeves are easy enough to get out so long as you tube is clean of dirt and your all lube’d up :shock:

Thats i brilliant idea!! never thought of that :?

You can get extra long shims but still only the length of the shim in contact with frame. Much better to go with the idea above and have full contact along the whole length :)

The History Man":1tuc6xfn said:
You lot are weird.

Says the Pied piper!!! :xmas-big-grin:

So I have these proper tidy NOS Panaracer Fire XC Pro foldies, and they have a different direction marked for front & back.....

Why? (When you’ve finished laughing, give us a clue) :xmas-big-grin:

Attachments

• F0E0DA2C-7076-46EA-B927-07A5D52C753F.jpeg
    F0E0DA2C-7076-46EA-B927-07A5D52C753F.jpeg
    173.6 KB · Views: 280
Back