Ally O Resto She Lives! Pics on Page 6...

Re: Ally O Resto first attempts

Looks great that, been a long wait..but young child do take up a lot of time. I know myself. I couldn't even tell you the RAL code and I have 2 matt silver O's...

Re: Re:

cocodemer":3adjs8f0 said:
Actually scratch that. NOS XT 1 1/4 HP M737 headset on ebay, £20 BIN! Sorted

Son of a.... :eek:. I've been Looking for a similar headset for a build, currently an XT 1"1/4 on ebay for £72 BIN :roll:

Frame looks great, I can't fault your pre-choices of DX, Dark grey Mavic rims, and Magura HS rim brakes.
Have you thought about a "Retro-Mod" theme? Using more modern components on the frame? Might work quite well with the modern colour scheme.

What's the race in April by the way?

Re: Re:

jimo746":1qniyr19 said:
Son of a.... :eek:. I've been Looking for a similar headset for a build, currently an XT 1"1/4 on ebay for £72 BIN :roll:

Frame looks great, I can't fault your pre-choices of DX, Dark grey Mavic rims, and Magura HS rim brakes.
Have you thought about a "Retro-Mod" theme? Using more modern components on the frame? Might work quite well with the modern colour scheme.

What's the race in April by the way?

I know couldn't believe it! It was mislisted as an 1.5 inch, so I'm just a jammy sod

I'm not averse to some modern parts, was considering a 1 x 11 but it's still a retro at the end of the day, and I'd quite like to go for Hope XC hubs in blue ano, so it'll probably be a 3x setup.

I might have jumped the gun on the April race, if it goes ahead was what I meant to say, but if it does get announced Ill let you know :roll:

Cheshire1980":2em36hqm said:
Looks great that, been a long wait..but young child do take up a lot of time. I know myself. I couldn't even tell you the RAL code and I have 2 matt silver O's...

Agree with Calum!
i) Aluminium 'O' looks great :cool: - like the head badge and modern take on the old graphic placements. Got me thinking.... Did the original have a small 'Orange Logo' behind the seat tube? - Decalling mine up at the moment.
ii) Young children take up loads of time... I've got 2 myself. Took me 6 years to finish the RC100 build!
iii) Couldn't tell you the RAL code for the Matt silver either. Mine's the Matt black.

Have you got the 1 1/4" stem and Forks to match the headset?
*EDIT Just re-read and seen you've got the forks!*

What's the stem choice? - You going for the original Stalk?

cheers.
boy"O"boy

boy"O"boy":2bdjq8v1 said:
Agree with Calum!
i) Aluminium 'O' looks great :cool: - like the head badge and modern take on the old graphic placements. Got me thinking.... Did the original have a small 'Orange Logo' behind the seat tube? - Decalling mine up at the moment.

What's the stem choice? - You going for the original Stalk?

cheers.
boy"O"boy

Cheers dude! I am well chuffed with it, and its really given me the buzz to get this old girl back up and running. I've been having a hunt through the original pics I took before the strip down, and there's no sign of a logo behind the seat tube - its not totally clear, but this bike doesnt look like it had one

I've got the Stalk, its a bit scuffed and is on my Alpine Stars at the minute, it would definitely need a paintjob - come across a control tech that might suit my old back a little better, although a Synchros is what I'm really after - time and budget will tell

Re:

That looks awesome thanks for sharing the pics, the colour will come out better when you can photograph her in the daylight.. awesome.. :cool:

And so it moves along.....

It's not much but it's a start

The XT headset arrived, couldn't believe it, it is NOS and imaculate, no box, but apart from that, fantastic. Even had the bearings still in their little baggies. Happy happy

There wasn't much to do apart from give the bearings a liberal greasing and slot it in there

H9fa0hm.jpg

RENRHsy.jpg

aG4fsyQ.jpg

and then it was time to get the forks on

skCT07t.jpg

I have found the original seatpost and clamp, and added in an orange Charge saddle, to see how it looks - opinions are welcome but i know what I think

iJth1Py.jpg

y44Ya1C.jpg

There's been a flurry of activity recently, so am expecting to see and lot of odd shaped parcels arriving soon. Still a few bits to source, and a lot of polishing to be done, but it getting somewhere!

The race is on on the 7th April - Muckmeddens 6 hour at Pitmedden has a retro category, for whoever it was that was asking, so I am getting her ready for that.

Next up, everything else

Back