1992 Claud Butler Antaeus 653 Magnum FINISHED

Re: Claud Butler Antaeus 653 - 3 times a lady

mkone":3jiv5m4b said:
I read somewhere manufacturers had the headset logo's on the sides for catalogue shots

love those brakes, look in really good condition too.

I hope they bl**dy work as they are by far the most expensive purchase for the whole build! :shock:

Talking of Magura HS33 hydralic brakes..... I've looked at a pdf manual on-line and tried to follow some rambling questions on another forum, but am none the wiser.
I'll be relying on you lot to fill in the gaps.... please ;)

Like, are these the correct mounting bolts?
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Magura-HS33- ... 2761169401 s-l500.jpg

Last edited:
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PeachyPM":1du6oqyz said:
Talking of Magura HS33 hydralic brakes..... I've looked at a pdf manual on-line and tried to follow some rambling questions on another forum, but am none the wiser.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Magura-HS33- ... 2761169401

Certainly look like the ones on mine though I have the oem brakes and they’re a bit older.

Coming together nicely though.

Carl.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

drcarlos":3hwnsv3y said:
PeachyPM":3hwnsv3y said:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Magura-HS33- ... 2761169401

Certainly look like the ones on mine though I have the oem brakes and they’re a bit older.

Coming together nicely though.

Carl.

Cheers Carl, no doubt I’ll be PM-ing you nearer the time... ;)

The long bolt is for the quick release but as I abandoned Magura sometime in 1998, everything is a little vague,

Attachments

• magura.jpg
    magura.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 384

legrandefromage":r78nsjxh said:
The long bolt is for the quick release but as I abandoned Magura sometime in 1998, everything is a little vague,

Dude! where do you find this stuff? cheers. :)

These 32h bad boys have made it here to Yorkshire all the way from Hungary, Cheers Atilla, great deal!
Now to lace them up into a tidy pair of Wolber A-18’s from Sherlylock, cheers Mart.... :xmas-cool: C652B40C-B264-42BE-9381-E4C6F895EC11.jpeg

Last edited:

Yes, as above, the long bolt screws into brake boss and the quick release just slides on and locks with lever. Slides off so you can remove wheel. The small screw just holds the other caliper on permantly.

Only thing, you may need to source some thick spacers for behind the calipers if running suspension forks, instead of the thin ones in that kit. Stops the brakes hitting the arch. Im not sure about the forks you have, i know you need them with Judy's. Pic below of the thicker suspension washers.

mark

Attachments

• suspension washers magura.jpg
    suspension washers magura.jpg
    10.8 KB · Views: 323

Cheers Mark, I’ll look out for that.
I’ve got a feeling I’ll be posting a lot of questions when I get around to fitting them!

mkone":50zxrrss said:
Yes, as above, the long bolt screws into brake boss and the quick release just slides on and locks with lever. Slides off so you can remove wheel. The small screw just holds the other caliper on permantly.

Only thing, you may need to source some thick spacers for behind the calipers if running suspension forks, instead of the thin ones in that kit. Stops the brakes hitting the arch. Im not sure about the forks you have, i know you need them with Judy's. Pic below of the thicker suspension washers.

mark

Shouldn’t need those with mx100s. I only have the thin washers and mine was originally fitted with the older mx forks from the factory, although I could swear I had mx400s

Carl

Latest posts

Back