1991 GT Karakoram

hp_source

Retro Newbie
Hi,

New to here, but not to MTBs, I've just picked up my winter project. It's in great condition, but needs a strip and rebuild and a couple of new bits.

Couldn't resist it when I saw it at the bike charity shop near me. I think a friend had one the same when it was pretty new.

Seen a couple of pics of others where the front brake cable isn't routed through the stem. Anyone know it that's a good or bad thing... Or maybe country specific?

Ta!

Attachments

• Collage 2018-10-05 21_28_57.jpg
    Collage 2018-10-05 21_28_57.jpg
    303.1 KB · Views: 1,054
Graham_hkr":3chewrtl said:
hp_source":3chewrtl said:
Couldn't resist it when I saw it at the bike charity shop!
In which world does this happen? :shock:

I know! Trust me, I was as shocked as you. It had a full length rear guard and pannier rack attached. Plus a good old fashioned bike bell, so I can only assume it was a shopping bike. :roll:

Attachments

• IMG_20180928_130632.jpg
    IMG_20180928_130632.jpg
    113.3 KB · Views: 1,006
hp_source":3uxfxg4v said:
I know! Trust me, I was as shocked as you. It had a full length rear guard and pannier rack attached. Plus a good old fashioned bike bell, so I can only assume it was a shopping bike. :roll:
lol... I bet you couldn't believe your eyes!
Cracking find though mate can't knock ya.. :cool:

Re:

Wow that's a great find, looks really original too. The cable routing on yours is the correct way to do it. Nice one :D

Re:

Said it once and I'll say it again...... GT's best year for paint schemes in my opinion

Back