Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Sat Nov 17, 2018 2:27 am

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:37 pm 
Old School Hero
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 24, 2014 2:59 pm
Posts: 238
Location: Airstrip One
Really enjoyed reading your build thread .
nice bike you have there, not many about in 21" frame size
thanks for sharing


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 12:10 am 
Dirt Disciple

Joined: Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:04 pm
Posts: 65
Location: Joymoney
Excellent thread, thanks for documenting the build so thoroughly. Great infos about many details.
Regarding the saddle: Although I think it´s quite fitting in the patina´d state, I used these products on old car seats successfully and intend to use them on an old Flite I have:

http://volico.de/webshop/products/lederfarben/

It´s quite expensive for just one saddle as you need primer, color spray and clear top coat (~60€), but the only product I know I can trust to last.

Curious if others have found the same cable clearance issue on the FD of Cirruses (Cirri?). Fat Chance have the pulley slightly offset and bigger, this seems to keep the cable away from the FD. Looking at the pics on the Cirrus the pulley is in the middle of the seat tube?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 9:14 pm 
Gold Trader
Gold Trader
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 02, 2008 3:12 pm
Posts: 9186
Location: Oh Canada!
glad to see that you somewhat sorted the f.mech issue. you could try and add a washer/spacer between the frame and the pulley to lift it out more to see if you can get the cable up off rubbing the f.mech.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 9:55 pm 
Old School Grand Master
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 17, 2009 1:16 pm
Posts: 5287
Great bike (your Smoke is the wrong way round).


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2018 8:16 pm 
Dirt Disciple

Joined: Sat Jul 22, 2017 9:38 pm
Posts: 77
fiendish feet wrote:
Really enjoyed reading your build thread .
nice bike you have there, not many about in 21" frame size
thanks for sharing

Thanks for reading. Nice RM collection you've got here, BTW :-)
I normally ride L bikes. But well... I was looking for a Cirrus for so long that I nevertheless picked it up. It's OK in the end.


Last edited by foxb13 on Fri Nov 02, 2018 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2018 9:21 pm 
Dirt Disciple

Joined: Sat Jul 22, 2017 9:38 pm
Posts: 77
Dr Dremel wrote:
Excellent thread, thanks for documenting the build so thoroughly. Great infos about many details.

Thanks again for reading.

Dr Dremel wrote:
Regarding the saddle: Although I think it´s quite fitting in the patina´d state, I used these products on old car seats successfully and intend to use them on an old Flite I have:

http://volico.de/webshop/products/lederfarben/

It´s quite expensive for just one saddle as you need primer, color spray and clear top coat (~60€), but the only product I know I can trust to last.

Thanks for the info. A new saddle would probably be cheaper in the end ;-)

Dr Dremel wrote:
Curious if others have found the same cable clearance issue on the FD of Cirruses (Cirri?). Fat Chance have the pulley slightly offset and bigger, this seems to keep the cable away from the FD. Looking at the pics on the Cirrus the pulley is in the middle of the seat tube?

I'm curious too. At a time, I thought that the pulley wasn't original. It's not that easy to find detailed pictures of this area. One of the few is Blizz' Expérience [1] and the pulley looks like mine. On some bikes, like Yeti FRO [2], the cable is crossed, but this doesn't work properly here.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2018 9:24 pm 
Dirt Disciple

Joined: Sat Jul 22, 2017 9:38 pm
Posts: 77
RockiMtn wrote:
glad to see that you somewhat sorted the f.mech issue. you could try and add a washer/spacer between the frame and the pulley to lift it out more to see if you can get the cable up off rubbing the f.mech.

Already tried. Unfortunately, the pulley axle isn't long enough to sufficiently lift the pulley backward.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2018 9:30 pm 
Dirt Disciple

Joined: Sat Jul 22, 2017 9:38 pm
Posts: 77
al-onestare wrote:
Great bike (your Smoke is the wrong way round).

Thanks. Well, Smoke looks good to me.
Attachment:
smoke.jpg
smoke.jpg [ 381.35 KiB | Viewed 125 times ]

What a Kona collection you've got here, I'm impressed!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2018 2:55 pm 
Gold Trader
Gold Trader
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 02, 2008 3:12 pm
Posts: 9186
Location: Oh Canada!
foxb13 wrote:
RockiMtn wrote:
glad to see that you somewhat sorted the f.mech issue. you could try and add a washer/spacer between the frame and the pulley to lift it out more to see if you can get the cable up off rubbing the f.mech.

Already tried. Unfortunately, the pulley axle isn't long enough to sufficiently lift the pulley backward.

just replace with a longer bolt. should be a standard size.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2018 4:02 pm 
Old School Grand Master
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2008 11:14 pm
Posts: 3036
Location: Leicestershire
Regarding the pulley and cable, have you tried looping it the opposite way, to give a half-figure of eight?


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 11 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

About Us

Follow Retrobike

Other cool stuff

All content © 2005-2015 Retrobike unless otherwise stated.
Cookies Policy.
bikedeals - the best bike deals in one place
FatCOGS - Fat Chance Owner's Group

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group