1988 Peugeot Dakar XT Pro

The more I think about it the more I am tempted to get something similar to the original colour scheme. I might speak to the powdercoaters this week to see how much 3 colour fades cost.

I think the blue paint on the montana is a actual peugeot car paint colour call provence blue if tha helps my local car shop mixed some for me:
p4pb8471039.jpg

And you can get decals form velocal
http://www.velocals.com/servlet/the-259/Rainbow-Peugeot-decals/Detail

hope that helps.

Cheers
Pete

No more progress yet Nick.

Unfortunately I have more projects than time and I've been working on my other Peugeot to try and get some pictures of it in time for this month's PotM (only need a chain, seat post and saddle now).

I have at least one other frame that needs powdercoating, so I will hopefully get to take them at the same time to have them done and after that the build should be quite quick as I think I have most the parts I was going to use already.

Sorry for stealing your picture off the web! It was the only one I could find.

The frame I have definitely seems the same (but sadly painted over) but it has made as little progress as many of my other projects.

Re:

Don't be daft, it's not a problem. I was just amazed to see it on a forum I infrequently visit.

Best of luck with the project - the original colour scheme was rather fetching. At least that's what a French cyclist said to me ;)

Just as I am trying to sell everything up, I start finding friends and family want bikes.

My nephew needs a bike for doing a couple of miles flat commute on. Given the requirements, finally building this up as a single speed (having just checked it wasn't too big for him) seems like the ideal solution. I needed to ride it over to test the size, so I through on all the closest parts until I had something ridable and then took it over to test. It was actually great fun to ride! (I wouldn't usually use a bike with only a front brake, but didn't have time to find and set up a u-brake).

gdroxqI2-zHs2hgVtGd0TwWyweHqEq9_I1WsQN346-EY8Y0MZiW1ZAjfDqiduin9DdvGPgKCytiFYpEa4Gth2N6G1--KM2sC2s6QjRfi8wif7puXGianbLeXBGqUP25IvMgyL2tYeA=w1194-h895-no

Now I need to think about build choices.

The Sachs 3000 wheels are great for this, because the bearings seem really smooth and the are bolt-through. However, that means The yellow Vuelta rims are also staying. When I was planning to build this for myself I wanted to get the paint scheme recreated, but given this has to be cheap I guess the most I can spend is having it powdercoated. So, given the yellow wheels, any suggestions for a new colour that I might also like if I get the bike back 5 or 10 years down the line?

Colour advice?

AOPk9d6qaSdpXx5Vlgli0YZ8N6AqYL30sUCTGcAZ-M7f-o2q7-e95m8Aoip6QkVuEBYReeTbsP44ygyqvEmpHuaF4031dVtL0N05fhJMwea2bSrrG6RtVPCpB96PJ5KVx7x--_saQQ=w1112-h249-no

In theory, using the right red and blue would work with the yellow, but given the paint scheme it would be the white next to the yellow wheels, which I'm still not sure about. Also, it's for someone who prefers understated to stand-out, so that might be too many colours.

A bluish-steel colour might work, but I'm not sure whether anything grey is too boring for me when I get the frame back in the future.

Back