1990 Yeti Ultimate (California Bike) COMPLETE Page 5

Re: 1990 Yeti Ultimate (California Bike)

Thank you. A long and drawn out project acquiring correct parts, getting in line for powder coating and actually getting it back. Have wanted an Ultimate since first seeing one in person in 1989. I was just out of high school so WAY out of reach.

Re: 1990 Yeti Ultimate (California Bike) COMPLETE!!! Page 5

Alas, this project is a wrap. I took off yesterday and got the drive train dialed, Bullseye BB spaced and all cabled up. I changed my mind on rims and decided to have the hubs relaced to some new RM20s. They were previously built up to Matrix Mt Titans but that just wouldn't have been fair to the bike so I relaced with some sweet Sapim DBs and I'm glad I did.

The Porcs are used but I was unable to find any new 2.1 blackwalls with orange logos so I'm using these for initial pics. I do have some NIB skinwall Porcs with purple logos that I may look closer at down the road but I'm happy for now. This was a 3+ year endeavor and collecting the correct NOS parts, the right size frame, fork and low rise stem.

I know the colorway may not be for everyone, but I committed to it a long time ago after seeing it in a shop in NORCAL and never looked back. I'm no Kay nor Nader with mad camera skilz but hopefully you get the idea from the pics. Early apologies for the residual white lithium grease around the HS and seat post :oops:

I'm a bit OCD and neurotic about using it with new parts and freshly powdered frames.

Cheers!

U9Dh1z.jpg

lmLrEx.jpg

qksLDv.jpg

LmYgwV.jpg

7WRdjd.jpg

LO2k6w.jpg

bvTfXu.jpg

PcpqFg.jpg

Re:

Frankly, this build and the photos feels like time travel. Amazing build. The photo which took me right back 20 years was the lower race of the XT headset...don’t know why, but it just evoked deep memories of times past...spannering together kit which for the first time was not bodged together road kit but true mtb engineering.

Wonderful.

Re cable routing .... since we have the uncommon left-hand-back-brake approach i think everyone surely knows that its VERY challenging to get ‘settled’ routing on some US and continental frames....get the best lines for runs re mechanical function and that determines what’s ‘right’ in my view.....

Re:

I accept your point of view. (I think/thought) Jason knows what´s right/correct.

As I picture this participating in botm someday cable routing would def. be a criterium - for example.
But that´s just my opinion - it still looks good to me, Jason :)

Friendly greetings
IHR

Attachments

• yucr.jpg
    yucr.jpg
    181 KB · Views: 488
that is the best looking Yeti Ultimate on the site. Just perfection.

Re: Re:

IHateRain":15k16mwo said:
I accept your point of view. (I think/thought) Jason knows what´s right/correct.

As I picture this participating in botm someday cable routing would def. be a criterium - for example.
But that´s just my opinion - it still looks good to me, Jason :)

Friendly greetings
IHR

Thanks Michael. :facepalm:

You're correct by my knowing better but recalling after a few stouts during final assembly are two separate things entirely. It's a good reason to spend a little more time with the bike this morning (wife rolling eyes). I appreciate the kind words as well from you Tony,
2ManyOranges & Graham. Have a great day all!

Latest posts

Back