British Steel

Re:

Nice, are the forks original? I seem to remember mosst were recalled for safety reasons.

Always liked the yellow double U brake one on here a from a few years back, where is it now eh?

Re: Re:

retrobikeguy":3uv1j8ms said:
Nice, are the forks original? I seem to remember mosst were recalled for safety reasons.

Always liked the yellow double U brake one on here a from a few years back, where is it now eh?

Thanks. Original to the bike? no, the previous owner said when he bought the bike off the owner before him back in '91 it had RC30's.

I really like the design of the unishock but as you said, most the original ones were recalled, not sure about the later versions though.

I would be tempted to find an RC30 fork then and get it colour matched, sort of back to its original state - but thats just me.

mkone":2n1x32zp said:
most the original ones were recalled, not sure about the later versions though.

I cant recall whether all were recalled or just certain batches, all I will say is that in all my years I have never seen or heard of a unishock fail.

retrobikeguy":2tnzhy5v said:
I would be tempted to find an RC30 fork then and get it colour matched, sort of back to its original state - but thats just me.

Yeah, have been kinda thinking along those lines myself. From what i know the fork had the yellow legs though :shock:

Re:

retrobikeguy":1gpu6ino said:

'twas mine.. It ended up in good hands, trust me ;)

I do wish I had kept it looking back as I had grand plans for it, but other projects got in the way at the time.

In the meantime I've been working on all my remaining Brit steel collection today - off out on the Diabolo later! Plenty of Dave and Harry content on show :)

Attachments

• bs4.jpg
    bs4.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 841
  • bs3.jpg
    bs3.jpg
    127.1 KB · Views: 839
  • bs2.jpg
    bs2.jpg
    179 KB · Views: 841
  • bs1.jpg
    bs1.jpg
    238 KB · Views: 841
Re:

Oh yes.... Dave hinde

IMG_20161007_111245_zpsujjdteje_jpg_original.jpg

Great bump, love this thread :cool:

to come.....

Attachments

• P1011126 (Medium).JPG
    P1011126 (Medium).JPG
    67.8 KB · Views: 337
/\

White Spider! Looking forward to seeing that!

I’ll also add a preview shot.... a bit ‘quirky’....

Attachments

• FD650C0D-BDCB-4B41-B93C-3D814ADA05FE.jpeg
    FD650C0D-BDCB-4B41-B93C-3D814ADA05FE.jpeg
    62.7 KB · Views: 334
Back