1991 Orange Prestige.

Re:

Thanks for the comments. Might try it with a silver post and see what we think although I really wanted to use the XT one as the Orange Light Stick I have in good nick is destined for the Clockwork.

The XT chain rings will be black but I think I'm going to use my silver Hope/Mavic 231 wheels. I do have some Mavic 231 CD's on DX spare but they're not as tidy as the Hope set. :?

Canti's will be silver, thumbies stock XT, levers black XT and bars silver Hot Rods. Probably end up doing a few full builds before we nail it! :facepalm:

As it is I like the all black. Didn't expect all black to work as well as it does.
It is funny watching you have the same problems as me, building several bikes from a pool of parts.
I'm mega inspired to paint and build the big Clockwork now, but with which bits? :D

Re: Re:

brocklanders023":2rrlvup5 said:
Managed to get the crank arm off so on with the build.

Question is, which stem? The silver is probably the most period correct but I plan to use a black XT seat post so the Stalk may be better for the stealth look? What do you lot think? :?

Looking good Ed.

Black on black all the way for me. Formulaesque Stealth. I am biased of course though. ;)

Added the 91 catalogue cover and the formula for inspiration!

Looking good! - keep up the good work.

Cheers.
boy"O"boy

Attachments

• orange formula 2.JPG
    orange formula 2.JPG
    39.5 KB · Views: 314
  • 91 orange catalogue.JPG
    91 orange catalogue.JPG
    86.3 KB · Views: 314
Re:

Cheers Ben and thanks for the pics. Must admit it was the Formula pictured that pricked my interest in my Prestige again. :cool:

Unfortunately this build may stall though as I have been scammed on Facebook when selling a modern bike that looks to have cost me £835 so a fire sale might be on the cards to pay for it. :facepalm:

Re: Re:

boy"O"boy":3u1d6jh4 said:
Added the 91 catalogue cover and the formula for inspiration!

Not seen that Formula pic before - where did you get that one from?

Re:

Well this one survived the cull so thought it was time I had a look at it. Pics show it in stealth XT mode. I had the silver stem on first but wasn't sure it worked. Saying that, the Stalk is a bit modern for it (93 plays 91) so toying with the idea of putting the Clockwork's original style Stalk on this but then what does the Clockwork have??? Hot Rods are also 93 so not entirely sure it'll keep all these bits.

Attachments

• IMG_0982 - Edited.jpg
    IMG_0982 - Edited.jpg
    211.4 KB · Views: 188
  • IMG_0980 - Edited.jpg
    IMG_0980 - Edited.jpg
    238.4 KB · Views: 188
  • IMG_0979 - Edited.jpg
    IMG_0979 - Edited.jpg
    277.1 KB · Views: 188
  • IMG_0978 - Edited.jpg
    IMG_0978 - Edited.jpg
    224.7 KB · Views: 188
  • IMG_0983 - Edited.jpg
    IMG_0983 - Edited.jpg
    115.1 KB · Views: 188
  • IMG_0981 - Edited.jpg
    IMG_0981 - Edited.jpg
    227 KB · Views: 188
Re:

Is this the one that you showed me when I popped over?

I love it mate looks awesome.. pleased to see you back on it.. ;)
G

Back