1991 Kona Hei Hei - Finished pics on page 5

Re: 1991 Kona Hei Hei

tonybrown5":2qq4j2so said:
Tim that is lovely. Still think you need some P2s on though :)
I ran switchblades on one of my old OCLVs and they are a tad on the stiff side...

Thanks everyone, I’ll see what it’s like with the Tange fork but I’ve have one before and was happy with it

Second the comment about the P2. Otherwise it’s a lovely build. I still haven’t heard about splitting the cost re: reinstating the brake noodle. Hopefully I’ll hear back from them next week! :)

romanrinos":3bi3cua8 said:
Second the comment about the P2. Otherwise it’s a lovely build. I still haven’t about splitting the cost re: reinstating the brake noodle. Hopefully I’ll hear back from them next week! :)

Great stuff. Have you got a build thread for your Hei Hei?

No not yet - I had been holding back, till I'd probably completed the Hot, but now it seems the right time whilst things are in motion and before it comes back. It's been a bit of gamble!

Managed to get my hands on a Track Two fork with the 1 1/8” steerer, just got to wait for it to arrive from Italy. Planning on painting the legs black and asking Gil for reproduction decals :)

Re: Re:

romanrinos":340bu905 said:
Those are beautiful! Looks to be the original finish.

Please don’t paint them!

Did they do any in this finish? I thought they were only black...but they do look original.

al-onestare":3jjlk4op said:
romanrinos":3jjlk4op said:

Please don’t paint them!

Did they do any in this finish? I thought they were only black...but they do look original.

These are original finish but the seller sent me high red pics and there is quite a bit of surface damage. Could get them re chromed I guess?

Minifreak":8d1lsydm said:
al-onestare":8d1lsydm said:
romanrinos":8d1lsydm said:

Please don’t paint them!

These are original finish but the seller sent me high red pics and there is quite a bit of surface damage. Could get them re chromed I guess?

very nice, i think chrome will look better with the Ti frame, you can get coloured chrome so you could get them to match the frame more :)

mark

Back