95 Kona Explosif

Also been playing around with bar heights- i've something more retro planned for the front end though...

IMG-20181016-WA0004_1.jpeg

IMG-20181016-WA0006.jpeg

Its a dia compe bolt on cable guide (modified)
And a mech adjuster filed flat on one side so it sits nicely on the top tube.
The band of the guide is quite flexible- handy, as the MAX OR tubing is oval on that part of the bike..

Re:

WOW! Gold'ish Yellow decals on Firecracker Red!? That came out nice :twisted:

*edit* On that cable clamp, maybe put some Hockey Tape on the underside of that clamp and trim the overage with razor or something for clean look?

Re: Re:

BentRims":2jmyo4h0 said:
WOW! Gold'ish Yellow decals on Firecracker Red!? That came out nice :twisted:

*edit* On that cable clamp, maybe put some Hockey Tape on the underside of that clamp and trim the overage with razor or something for clean look?

To be honest, the more i look at it, the more i don't like it.... (the cable stop i mean)

A kind retrobiker is sending me a 'dog collar' so might go down that route and adapt it. Not sure....

you need to loose the rust in that allen head ... its letting the build down :twisted:

Re:

Yea, change that rusted seat clamp bolt. What's a matter you! :shock:

My rear Brake clamp has a little cleaner look but still odd IMO?

enc":11l5l1jt said:
you need to loose the rust in that allen head ... its letting the build down :twisted:

al-onestare":11l5l1jt said:
Your dog collar is the wrong way round.

Just for you guys...

20181022_134410.jpg

BentRims":11l5l1jt said:
My rear Brake clamp has a little cleaner look but still odd IMO?

Yeah, the thing is an after market one like that wouldn't fit as the tubing profile is oval in that part of the top tube. I've got another idea...

Back