1992 Claud Butler Antaeus 653 Magnum FINISHED

Re: Re:

MR OX:765bjc6b said:
Wowsers! that looks stunning! As for saddles I have a well used rolls on my clockwork which is quite comfy for my extra value size

I've got my eye on a Selle San Marco Rolls but also this Selle Italia Expedia, I was thinking of re-spraying the red in the same fluorescent red as the frame..... Selle Italia Expedia.jpg

Last edited:
Re: Claud Butler Antaeus 653 - 3 times a lady

Bar ends curtesy of Legrandfromage arrived today, should clean up nicely,

Two questions though;

1. Anyone got any visual reference for the VENOM decals?
2. What’s the consensus on the Union flags? Me, Gil and Longun think the ones on the frame weren’t original. So I’m thinking neither are these…. file-132.jpeg

Last edited:
Re:

There were never union flags on the frame. There were a lot of decals, lots of superfluous ones but never any union ones. I can't be sure of the venom bars ends though.

Carl

drcarlos":2mgnp6nv said:
There were never union flags on the frame. There were a lot of decals, lots of superfluous ones but never any union ones. I can't be sure of the venom bars ends though.

Carl

Cheers Carl, I don't think I'm going to bother with the flags, but I do want to have a crack at re-drawing the VENOM stickers.
What do you have on yours?

PeachyPM":35x1wooh said:
drcarlos":35x1wooh said:

Carl

Cheers Carl, I don't think I'm going to bother with the flags, but I do want to have a crack at re-drawing the VENOM stickers.

Sadly nothing on mine, I remember that they were a bright yellow with a black border and the font was quite chunky.

Maybe drop a note to Venhill, they might have something on files from years back.

Carl.

drcarlos":4a8ark1v said:
PeachyPM":4a8ark1v said:
drcarlos":4a8ark1v said:

Carl

Sadly nothing on mine, I remember that they were a bright yellow with a black border and the font was quite chunky.

Maybe drop a note to Venhill, they might have something on files from years back.

Carl.

The other option if no one knows what the original looks like would be to free style it....

Attachments

• AAF0AE53-8798-4E34-8CB9-615FBA75CFFB.png
    AAF0AE53-8798-4E34-8CB9-615FBA75CFFB.png
    14.7 KB · Views: 241

drcarlos":3vr8cb6a said:

Carl.

Ok, so just for clarification, these bars are labelled "VENOM" but made by "VENHILL"?

I took your advice Carl and contacted Venhill, unfortunately I got a polite no, nothing mountain bike related survived their purge at the beginning of 2004 after ceasing the MTB range at the end of 2003.
Never mind..... just have to take some high res close photos and do my best guess.

For someone so in tune with THM and his thought process’s and able to speak his unique language your build is positively main stream and top draw at the same time - have a split personality or a secret ultra ego ?

Looking forward to more updates

Back