Raleigh Dyna-Tech MT4

Minifreak

Old School Grand Master
Feedback
View
Bit of a quick restoration write up this one but one that I’m glad to have had the pleasure of doing.

You may have noticed that from my user name I am a bit on a Mini but, specifically original ones. Each year I attend a weekend of racing and show my car off with mates at Brands Hatch race circuit. Last year whilst drinking and playing a dubious game with foul tasting jelly beans, a mate asked if I could restore his old mountain bike. When he told me it was Titanium my interest was peaked.

The Bike turned out to be a once much lived but now neglected Raleigh Dyna-Tech MT4. I believe these were a frame only option so not sure what my mate had on it originally parts wise so there were some dubious parts, now looking a lot better and setup with slick tanwalls for speedy commuting and fun rides.

Big thanks to Gil re decals, eBay and my local secondhand bike k shop for parts ;)

First pics I saw of her:

After she arrived and was stripped:

Pedal cages and headset parts get some new paint:

New/nicer parts against old for comparison:

New decals:

And in place:

The build:

Just inner cables and final setup to go :)

drcarlos":1xf47ya3 said:
Great job on that although you could have got rid of that 200GS chainset!

Carl.

I could have done but I was given a £200 budget and spent £120 plus time, the chainrings are higher spec Shimano and the cranks are what he had on it, possibly from its original frame only build.

I may just peel the decal off :LOL:

Minifreak":iuftew1t said:
drcarlos":iuftew1t said:
Great job on that although you could have got rid of that 200GS chainset!

Carl.

I could have done but I was given a £200 budget and spent £120 plus time, the chainrings are higher spec Shimano and the cranks are what he had on it, possibly from its original frame only build.

I may just peel the decal off :LOL:

You'll probably get away with that. :D

Doubt there is much difference between those and the LX ones.

Carl.

Back