Hot Pink Pace RC200 F1 renovation

Thanks guys, Coleman, Anno was done by Advanced Anodising in New Zealand, their website is full of really useful information

Re:

Rich, great build. I’ve just purchased an RC200 F1 (seems like there has been a glut of them recently) and am seeking inspiration from builds like yours for mine.

I want to make a 1-piece stem/steerer out of an old steel stem and a steel pace steerer. I’m curious to know how the bearing is pre-loaded. I wondered if there was a thread on the bottom of the steerer and you used a pair of locknuts but as there’s is no thread on yours, I’m now wondering if you just use a star-fanged nut arrangement like a normal aheadset but upside down. Any knowledge you can share will be gratefully received

Cheers, Matt

Re:

Nice one Rich

Looks great! (even in pink! )..... the fork crown in the frame colour is a nice custom touch. Agree with the chrome stem breaking up the colour. That Mavic groupset sets the whole package off nicely. If it were mine, I'd add dark rims and Amberwalls.... but i'd say you've destined this as a rider. Karapoti Classic?

Keep up the good work.....does this mean an update on your website?

Cheers.
boy"O"boy

Re:

Cheers Guys,

Matt, get in touch with Dan Chambers, he has made a few one piece stem steerer and they’re a work of art and really good value for money, mine is held on with a thread at the bottom of the steerer and nut which locks onto the fork steerer if that helps at all, Boy O Boy, yep, completely agree, I have a set of FIR rims with are dark Anno, just waiting for a RC50 rear hub to turn up :) (yeah right) it will be a rider, and hopefully Karapoti, if not next year the year afterwards

Sadly my site has fallen over and I can’t log into it, hopefully the Admins on there can sort me out

Thanks for all the positive comments, know Pink wouldn’t be the choice of many, but I really like it and it’s s little different

Cheers

Rich

Re:

Barry...it’s held on by three Cannondale hose clips attached to the middle of the top tube, just fits but quite snug, check out Vintage Cannondale on the web :)

Back