Stolen dream bike found 26 years later? Fat Chance (TC)!

Re:

Wow, this really made me smile...can only imagine the thoughts and feelings this gave you.
Thanks for sharing a great story!
D

One of the best bike stories/reunions/restorations I've ever heard about. Well Done to yourself and everyone involved getting the bike back to you.

Thanks OldRacer, it puts a smile on my face every time I look at it, and ride it! Still tinkering, its just fun to play with...

Amazing story !!!
Thank you for sharing your story
There are things in life that are inexplicable ....
I'm trying to compose the bike which I dream since 93 '... I understand what you had to feel at each stage of the reconstruction .... You are a Happy Man !

Re:

Wow I'm inspired up to my ears... I love the picture of the bike in it's habitat I think that picture sums everything I love about riding bikes!

Just a little update. As much as I loved the IRD stem and brakes, I decided to go with a closer to original build, with XT M730 brakes and 4 finger levers, and a Salsa stem with more rise. It feels much better now, and my back thanks me. This bike loves to get out on the trails, and the more upright riding position ensures that I keep the bike higher in the rotation...

with Salsa stem by shamalama88, on Flickr

with Salsa stem by shamalama88, on Flickr

Wow, a year and a half since you finished this. Time flies. Must be getting old!

Latest posts

Back