1992 Claud Butler Antaeus 653 Magnum FINISHED

Re: Re:

oldscholar":2upxirjp said:
Result! how did you actually get it out in the end?

I used a dremel to work on the near side end of the plastic cassette, down to the bearings but staying will clear of the threads on the B.B. shell. Then flipped it over and hit the axle hard from the off side (chain ring side) with a bloody big hammer.
That smashed it out leaving reminants of the plastic shell behind (the threaded part) that was easily, but carefully plucked away using a chisel and some small snips.
The aluminium cup on the off side did not want to shift, all contact points for a tool had long gone (at the hands of Longun or Legrandfromage or previous owner who can say? :roll: :p ) so I resorted to a hack saw blade and made two cuts about 15mm apart, this 15mm chunk fell out easily and the rest was then easy to squish/compress then sort of roll out.

Re: Claud Butler Antaeus 653 - 3 times a lady

No reason not to have it ready in time for mayhem then.

The History Man":aqt9bgxc said:
No reason not to have it ready in time for mayhem then.

Your 10 man very relaxed team is already full.... I don’t fancy riding around on my own like Billy no mates :cry:

There’s 9 months to go. That’s a full gestation period. Anything can happen before the longest day.

Re: Re:

xxnick1975:32ya2kit said:
Good work on the B.B.
Ta very much...

Interested to see what you do with it now

Could potentially be half decent!

Could???? It’s gonna be glorious! :cool: the Belle of the Ball!

Now the B.B. is out, I need to book her in with Gil for a new set of stickers, then a new paint job (original colour)

Then period correct if not exact catalogue parts.
I’m gonna start with the ‘91 Spectre I pretty much stole on e-bay. It’s got all its original Deore kit,and the wheels are tidy, so she’s going to be the main donor. 2EA40A42-943C-4298-9032-F6897650814C.jpeg

Last edited:

Right, over to Gil at Retrodecals to do his magic!

Who doesn’t love STICKERS? :eek: 5C13B18C-9CCA-438F-8A65-5F49BC647463.jpeg

Last edited:

Set a 3rd place of all time on a section on strava on mine last Monday, they can be fast.
Never seen another one built in all the years I’ve had mine and I’ve had it since new.

Carl

drcarlos":zwoyfdel said:
Set a 3rd place of all time on a section on strava on mine last Monday, they can be fast.
Never seen another one built in all the years I’ve had mine and I’ve had it since new.

Carl

Hello Carl,
Glad you’ve found my thread, I’ve been an admirer of your Anty for a while now. Hope mine measures up!

Latest posts

Back