Spring Project #1: 14.5" Zaskar LE - FINISHED!

Re: Spring Project #1: 14.5" Zaskar LE - BUILD TIME!

Great job, personally I’d have gone down the clear powder coat route to protect all that shiny metal work and the hours that went into it

Well nice and that Steel Kona in the link above if fooking awesome for being steel with that shine on it

Oh no, that’s the kind of real dumb ass things I do, often costs me both time and good money to put it right as I can’t live with it even though it’s not necessarily effecting anything other than my eyes

Gotta say that sticker/decal would bug the fook out of me, it’s offensive to the eye... lol

So glad I’ve got company in idiots corner

Retro Spud":1a2a5u23 said:
Great job, personally I’d have gone down the clear powder coat route to protect all that shiny metal work

Yes, good call but unfortunately I'm on zero budget.
as I mentioned a couple of times the frame has its scars so I didn't polish the bajeezus out of it, no point. And the parts are all used, the forks are pretty scratched up too. But the finish is pretty good all the same. I've waxed it so hopefully that will help prolong the shine a bit.

But you're right, like the steel kona, a proper job is worth protecting!

Re: Re:

RickTheUncivil":1dl7e8qi said:
Bad planning on my part,
lesson 1: think before you stick!

You could always get a bb mounted mech or a high clamp one :)

Re: Re:

RickTheUncivil":1zg2w6eg said:
Bad planning on my part,
lesson 1: think before you stick!

Ouch :facepalm: could your decal supplier sort you just the offending decal ?

Re:

It's also the faff stripping the old one off, cleaning the wax off the area and then restarting with a new one.

Probably just leave it for now.

Re:

Coming together now.

FSA pig headset holding GT cro mo forks, stamped 1996 on the steerer so guess they are of the correct vintage. Quite scratched but a blast with the t-cut and a bit of a polish up and they will do the job.

Kit will be a mix of mostly XT 750 series, but going for DX red brakes and levers instead of the silver XT just to add some colour, and a later 770 crankset because I like it better.

Kore stem in black, nice and short, Azonic bars in sort of blue, black GT saddle on a partsbin seatpost.

Just need to find a BB cable guide so I can get cables fitted now....

Attachments

• DSC_0968.jpg
    DSC_0968.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 339
  • DSC_0969.jpg
    DSC_0969.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 339
Re:

Popped the wheels in coz I'm impatient while I find the BB cable guide.

Black LX hubs with 9 speed XT cassette onto Syncros big box rims, got an old set of Tioga factory DH 2.3 with a bit of life left in them too. Kore skewers to finish off.

next, back up into the stand for cables and chain.

Attachments

• DSC_0971.jpg
    DSC_0971.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 316
Back