1993 Orange Prestige.

Re: 1993 Orange Prestige - Update 2/6

Nice build jimo!

Look forward to seeing yours to Calum.

Re:

Thanks. :) planning perhaps a suntour groupo, I have purple USE seatpost and a purple hot rods and black stalk lite stem to go on, and a Orange gel saddle of course. :) so will look quite different to this beautiful prestige!

Re:

Digging this thread up as I wheelied the Prestige out of the garage where it’s been dormant for some time. I say “wheelied” as I must have stolen the front wheel for another build at some point, or misplaced it, or..... I can’t remember :LOL:

Lots of Orange builds on the go just now it seems :D

Re:

I thought I'd better get the Prestige trail ready before winter comes around again.
I've "de-pimped" it a bit and removed some of the purple bling which I'd previously thrown at it, it's now wearing DX mechs, a DX (or is it Deore?) Chainset, Mavic M231CD rims on XT M730 hubs, and I've gone back to Magura brakes, HS33 Raceline this time instead of the previous HS22 Racelines.

Still to do... shorten and route rear brake hose, fit new front mech cable, fit cassette, fit pedals, probably shorten the steerer a bit, and it should be good to go :D

Attachments

• 20180809_192621-1062x597.jpg
    20180809_192621-1062x597.jpg
    224.3 KB · Views: 314
Re:

I don't think i posted a photo of the Prestige wearing it's full purple outfit, so here's a pic.

Purple Shocktech forks, dia-compe brakes, Top line cranks, and a Precision Billet Type 2 rear mech.

Just TOO purple for me in the end...

Attachments

• IMAG3127_1_zpsdhsndiro.jpg
    IMAG3127_1_zpsdhsndiro.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 319
Oh wow, I've quickly caught up with all this. Must have been busy in 2012 quite a turbulent year really. Cool thread so much of interest now. What you said about purple and personal touch in my opinions thread makes sense. I still can't make my mind up on mine but agree there's too much going in that last pic. Was that the first time you had it or this time? Possibly not enough bling now but great to see your fab job building and rebuilding. Bob Jackson did amazing jobs on this. They've still not replied to my email but looks like they are worth taking my Oranges to. My other Prestige has a disappointing black Argos job on, chips and looks like original white paint under. Sounds like a proper job if they check alignment too. Handy.
Keep us posted with the evolution of this beauty.

Been having a bit of a clear out recently and the Prestige has been left partially built and neglected for quite some time now.
I've had various retro mtbs over the years, some good, others not so good, but all have been an interesting experience to ride.
Anyway, I've always kept this Prestige, and I figured it's one bike I'd never part with, so if I'm going to have just a couple of retro mtbs to ride then this has to be one of them.
To that end, I'm going to get it built up and actually ride it, I have all the bits needed, just have to put it together and ride 🙂

I'll add a few pics as and when....

Well, it's been a while, but I have made a start on getting this up & running. Finally!
Fitted the Magura HS22 Raceline brakes yesterday & routed the rear hose through the frame cable stops, still some adjusting to do of the brakes, they're fiddly feckers to set up, but once done they don't need any more maintenance really.

Back