Gerard":2ane9fp8 said:
Retro Spud":2ane9fp8 said:
Are they any good ?
it was as cheap as chips, just hope it lasts the distance :shock:

Bit like SRP crank bolts really....all in the fitting :facepalm:

Absolutely NO Annodised fancy ass bling from the USA on this one
with or without the correct torque setting applied

Mike Muz 67":2ane9fp8 said:
Will you be racing - er riding - this at Mayhem?

Mike

It’s going to Mayhem (well that’s the plan) and yeah I want to ride it but at the same time I won’t be letting you monkeys have a go !

Since I’m on the 10 man team next year your right it will be ridden rather than raced... although with my loose crank bolt and the big unscheduled “get off” you could argue I didn’t put in a lap at race pace even when I was on a proper team

Re: Re:

Twister":1257jtue said:
Awesome. Looking forward to seeing it at Mayhem ‘19. Or will it come to the HONC?

Thanks Matt it is a good looking bike

The later would depend on the weather as I want to keep this one for best, and whilst a few on here take the piss out of my overly zealous cleaning it does take a long time to get rid of the mud and return to pre race condition

Might be the Endorphin at the HONC...

MR OX":1257jtue said:
What a truely lovely bit of kit that is. The engineering looks superb :cool:

The engineering is amazing especially the forks and bars, really makes you look twice, fully intend to polish all the bare metal until it pops again

Don’t intend to add anything new just work with what is already there
With cables and rusty bolts being the exception

Re: Midlife crisis.... I bought a 1997 Red Porsche

That bike is very nice. I like it.

I am sure you know that already, but I still want to poit it out, this bike is made by Votec entirely. It just has that Porsche badge.
The forks are great. You can still get all replacement parts from the manufacurer here in Germany. And you can also upgrade it to air suspension. I think the name of that company is "Steiner" or "Steinerdesign". Not cheap thou!

Cheers!

Retro Spud":1e8ck4li said:
It's going to get stripped / cleaned serviced ready for a lap of next years Malvern Classic in the retro section.

And then entered in the show and shine, if they're doing it again?

Re: Midlife crisis.... I bought a 1997 Red Porsche

Thias":3t0ae6if said:
That bike is very nice. I like it.

I am sure you know that already, but I still want to poit it out, this bike is made by Votec entirely. It just has that Porsche badge.
The forks are great. You can still get all replacement parts from the manufacurer here in Germany. And you can also upgrade it to air suspension. I think the name of that company is "Steiner" or "Steinerdesign". Not cheap thou!

Cheers!

Thanks Thias

Mike (the original owner) gave me the link to Steiner - https://www.steinerdesign.net and your right of course its no more a Porsche bike than a Mercedes AMP is a Merc - they're both rebranded and finished in the respective corporate colours. But both are very easy on the eye and the rebranding makes them cool as

Mike and the Bike

Spudly":uq4l5xsg said:
Retro Spud":uq4l5xsg said:
It's going to get stripped / cleaned serviced ready for a lap of next years Malvern Classic in the retro section.

And then entered in the show and shine, if they're doing it again?

that would be great, and certainly on the agenda for 2019 :D

Back