1991 Alpinestars Ti Mega

Re:

The aluminum and Ti fork were both options for the frame. The Ti fork was only made for a year and I believe recalled. Alpinestars sold the frame only in most cases and you added your build group, fork, etc.

The blades fork was used on the MBA test bike and was the more common rigid setup. A lot opted for suspension for us. I bought a half dozen of these blade forks several years ago from former AP dealer and they all came off Ti Megas that opted for a manitou or Rockshox.

Anyway, I really like the blade. Super beefy and I dig the black with the Ti. Not saying I wouldn’t go for a Ti fork for the rare factor tho ;)

Re: Re:

jimi911":259s4un6 said:
The aluminum and Ti fork were both options for the frame. The Ti fork was only made for a year and I believe recalled. Alpinestars sold the frame only in most cases and you added your build group, fork, etc.

The blades fork was used on the MBA test bike and was the more common rigid setup. A lot opted for suspension for us. I bought a half dozen of these blade forks several years ago from former AP dealer and they all came off Ti Megas that opted for a manitou or Rockshox.

Anyway, I really like the blade. Super beefy and I dig the black with the Ti. Not saying I wouldn’t go for a Ti fork for the rare factor tho ;)

Fair Dues

I understand now,

Re:

legrandefromage":3be2z1n5 said:
Has it cracked yet?

Well, somebody has to mention it.

Nice bike though

Far so good. It won’t get the same treatment as my Manitou FS, but it won’t see much action other than gravel rides. Especially when you see the wheels :)

Awesome Jim!

Having only seen a couple of pics of yours on Facebook and getting into your detective work on the serial numbers I'm long overdue visiting this build thread.

So good to see another Ti Mega getting built. As for the forks, they look superb on the 91 frame. :cool:

Back