Kona Explosif.... One foot in the grave? .... SHES ALIVE !!!

Re:

Do you have anything specific in mind for the grips? I’m looking for a pair for another old Explosif, but am having trouble finding something that I like aesthetically and that doesn’t clash with the bike.

Re: Kona Explosif.... One foot in the grave !?

Dare":1wgt934p said:
enc":1wgt934p said:
Dare":1wgt934p said:
Welcome back!
The bike looks great, keep it up!

How's the Brodie ?

Brodie is in pieces being unused because I focused on building and riding my 29er. I will soon get it up and running with some "newer" components as I feel it is not as capable and useful in his retromode as is in more modern mode.

I hear what you are saying. I too have a "modern" bike but am always pleasantly surprised when I get out on a retro. Theyre chalk and cheese but always pleasurable. Just the other day, I came across a kona that had been " modernised" it was actually very, very nice. I'll see if I can find the link.

Re: Re:

ThomasElliott":272atg7f said:
Do you have anything specific in mind for the grips? I’m looking for a pair for another old Explosif, but am having trouble finding something that I like aesthetically and that doesn’t clash with the bike.

Just a pair of generic black bolt ons.

Re:

If you've read this from the beginning you'll know i was planning a zero budget restoration.. That hasnt happened but it hasn't bankrupted me either :LOL:

Chain £7.50
paint £1.80

I could do with chaging the bottom bracket as there is a bit of play in it. Purely for cosmetics i may swap out the tyres later too.

On the last stretch ...

BbrqRIe.jpg

Theres been Plenty of this ...

Vp6KzJS.jpg

detail shots ...

xMX96mm.jpg

front calipers dont match the rear :?:

EcmHXXs.jpg

zb53QaD.jpg

2oJFFpd.jpg

z39x8wd.jpg

FW1t1rw.jpg

YxaWhtZ.jpg

OiSF3F8.jpg

Zjt9xVP.jpg

8KudiMW.jpg

I think maybe the chain requires a few links removing ?

l9yemur.jpg

skHZzd3.jpg

Looking v. nice. Does the seat need levelling up or is that your preferred position?!

I'm up in Bolton but work in Walkden, so I drive past the RHS place quite often on my way to jobs. Never been to the abandoned place in the woods though, may have to check it out. I often extend my bike commute using the old train-line route which runs from the M61 down to Monton (through Worsley woods etc). It's quite a nice blast.

Back