MRB Mk IV builld (photos on page 2 now)

james1985

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Ok, so I'm starting this thread a bit early, but cant wait to get my hands on it.

I'm thinking a set of Girvin Vectors up front would keep the overkill theme up.
I now have a U brake for the rear.
Maybe some old school Wolber rims

Might go singlespeed as I have a Paul tensioner ive been meaning to put to use for years.

Any spec sugestions welcome at this stage.

Re: MRB Mk IV builld

Fit it with the most robust parts of 1990?

Fit gearz but fit a road bike rear mech and a small cassette

Re:

An old Sachs Sucess rear mech would be cool. Used to use one with Grip Shift on my Roberts which performed very well back in the 90's.

Re:

Signing up.

Singlespeed, meh. But I suppose it's your bike (actually you'll just have to accept that it's OUR bike, I just lost custody due to my depraved lifestyle.)

Certainly a robust build in keeping with the frame. Think of a jagdpanzer, as I'm sure you already are :LOL: .

Anyway, hurry up and get on with it.

legrandefromage":p58vf86f said:
Fit it with the most robust parts of 1990?

Fit gearz but fit a road bike rear mech and a small cassette

Cool, i'll go along with some high gearing. Ive got a small road cassette. Il have a rummage for rear mech. I'm going to try and tidy up parts on to the frame rather than buy more in. Saves a bit of space (&money) then.

Re: Re:

AlexTemper":2z3avyf2 said:
An old Sachs Sucess rear mech would be cool. Used to use one with Grip Shift on my Roberts which performed very well back in the 90's.

I do have some Sachs shifters somewhere, so this could be a pissabolity, if I really have to buy anything else.

Johnboy":1ekybitw said:
Signing up.

Singlespeed, meh. But I suppose it's your bike (actually you'll just have to accept that it's OUR bike, I just lost custody due to my depraved lifestyle.)

Certainly a robust build in keeping with the frame. Think of a jagdpanzer, as I'm sure you already are :LOL: .

Anyway, hurry up and get on with it.

Doesn't have to be singlespeed, il do that to something else. (I checked my bikeshop account history today, and found I bought the singlespeed parts in 2012, so another couple months will make no difference)

Yes a jagdpanzer is a good theme, not sure which will weigh the most at the moment haha.

Well it turned up yesterday.
Unfortunatley there is an inch long crack in the headtube so its for show, not go.

I dropped out the Quadras and put the Vector 2s in. It looks epically agricultural.

Unfortunately, I cant make any pictures work on here so you will have to use your imagination.

Re:

Unfortunatley there is an inch long crack in the headtube so its for show, not go.

That's a shame. I don't remember any mention of cracking in the Ebay description, you think it happened in delivery?

Johnboy":2wlskibi said:

That's a shame. I don't remember any mention of cracking in the Ebay description, you think it happened in delivery?

It doesn't look like a new crack, and its at the bottom so I doubt it. One of those things though with an aged ally frame. I'm very eagle eyed when it comes to anything like this, so I suspect the seller hadn't noticed.

Latest posts

Back