Work bikes

Re:

My current work bike, not quite finished yet but in use. 1999 Kona Explosif with parts sources from my parts bin:

Re: Re:

Trebz":25y0xi1e said:
My current work bike, not quite finished yet but in use. 1999 Kona Explosif with parts sources from my parts bin:

id like to do a single speed conversion .. freewheel not fixed ...do you have a How to on the conversion ?

Re:

All the bikes are getting a good bit of use, but I've mostly been using this to get to work at the moment... '98 Xizang, converted to a drop bar road weapon :D

Attachments

• xi11.JPG
    xi11.JPG
    127.9 KB · Views: 4,204

enc":3prrmx5c said:
Trebz":3prrmx5c said:

id like to do a single speed conversion .. freewheel not fixed ...do you have a How to on the conversion ?

I don't have a How To as such. You just buy a Single Speed conversion kit from Ebay then remove the rear cassette and install the single speed kit. Making sure that your chain line is good by utilising the spacers provided in the kit.

Ebay kit here: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/DMR-Single-S ... m570.l1313

Something like that should do, I think that was the kit I bought.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Trebz":3ni00y30 said:
enc":3ni00y30 said:
Trebz":3ni00y30 said:

I don't have a How To as such. You just buy a Single Speed conversion kit from Ebay then remove the rear cassette and install the single speed kit. Making sure that your chain line is good by utilising the spacers provided in the kit.

Ebay kit here: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/DMR-Single-S ... m570.l1313

Something like that should do, I think that was the kit I bought.

Thanks Trebz. What about the chain tensioner thingy ?

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
ThomasElliott":1syit5ud said:
vp1337":1syit5ud said:
Here's my current commuter. :)

Nice one! What's the bar and stem combo?

Thanks and sorry for the late reply! XLC HB-C03 handlebar and a Hooger Booger CrMo stem.
Currently installed here:

1992-diamond-back-axis-city-beater-37893_1.jpg

Back