'my' '96 GT Backwoods build

Re: Re:

Lhatch4":3n93j0vd said:
Congratulations on getting her back together. Looks great. Have you been on a ride?

Spent my Friday night truing the rims, spent 5 minutes today resetting the brakes, and got as far as the end of the road for a test.
As always seems to be the way the gears indexed perfectly first time so we have the full 24 smooth options all available, which was nice.
will take it for a spin one evening this week and see what drops off :)

Re:

Oh yes I did.

That's the MBUK cover chainstay protector with custom dcd cutout, from the grimy depths of the parts bin, as fitted to the original bike.

Remember now that I hated the dcd. Making that annoying noise and messing up gear selection by holding the chain to one side (always the wrong side!) as soon as the roller is the slightest bit worn. Stupid thing won't last long!

Attachments

• DSC_0650.jpg
    DSC_0650.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 493
So thanks to a friendly forum member in the big city the postman dropped this off for me...

We have found a 16" frame, and it looks pretty good too. Time to dismantle the 18" build and do it right!

Attachments

• 202006_13.jpg
    202006_13.jpg
    121 KB · Views: 354
Re:

Dismantled all my parts from the 18 inch frame and stuck them on this 16. Yes, it looks the same. Yes it rides pretty much the same just slightly smaller. Yes it makes me happy.

Attachments

• backwoods16.jpg
    backwoods16.jpg
    146.9 KB · Views: 290
Back