1994 Brodie Expresso

Well, first post states i will be building this and the Cinder Cone together :LOL: 🤦

Anyway i eventually got around to swaping the BB for the right length and setting the brakes up, also swaped the stem and bars as the syncros is destined for another build.

All ready to go, i think, so hopefully will get it out tomorrow for a shake down, and up, ride :cool: P1010450 (Medium).JPG

Last edited:
Ride report Mark?

Looks great mate :cool:

Right, finally a spare few minutes to talk about the bike :) i thought kids were less maintenance as they got older :roll: :LOL:

Well only took the bike for a quick test ride down the usual route which is relatively easy going. The first thing i noticed was i had forgot to pump the forks up before i left 🤦 and not being bothered to turn around, as it had took me long enough to get out on it anyway, i carried on and put up with the bottoming out of the forks until i got fed up and turned them up so they were stiff :)

After sorting that i noticed how stretched out and low the bike was, not too much of a problem but deffinatly noticed it. The frame felt like a good quality steel frame, like im used to, i would say it has spring but not lots, its hard to compare it as it didnt behave like any one bike in paticular. Having thought about it i would say it actually felt more like a Ti frame, really smooth :)

The stretched out position started getting a bit tedious on the flat tracks so despite my legs burning, which kind of held me back a bit, i decided to take the bike down some nice singletrack along the side of the river. Wow :shock: really wanted to get some pics but i was enjoying the track and bike so much i didnt even think about it until the end. I have rode that track many times on quite a few bikes, i can honestly say nothing i have ridden comes close to this, pretty much perfect, including the riding position. The frame is sooo smooth and responsive, whilst not losing any power from the soft steel ride. So direct and flickable, i really was taken back and enjoyed every second, once the forks are sorted i doubt there will be a better bike for the job, love it!! :cool:

mark P1010465 (Medium).JPG P1010468 (Medium).JPG

Last edited:
Glad you like it mate. Will it be going in the keeper pile?

raidan73":mmz1scdk said:
Glad you like it mate. Will it be going in the keeper pile?

Sorry mate, only just found this :facepalm:

Yes, without doubt :D

It sits nice amongst my Kona's anyway, each of them is a great ride, and this is easily as good. Would love to try some of the higher end models :cool:

mkone":2n20axex said:
It sits nice amongst my Kona's anyway, each of them is a great ride, and this is easily as good.

Well, they are pretty much the same ;)

Who said that? Not me :LOL:

With silver finishing kit on.

Thinking of trying it with the RC30's which match the colour, shame the previous owner started stripping the paint :)

mark P1011057 (Medium).JPG

Last edited:
Back