Raleigh Kalahari Deore LX Ltd Edition

Bluesun9

Retro Newbie
Not exotic, or worth much, but had this for over 20 years!
054.jpg

064-1.jpg

055.jpg

056.jpg

057.jpg

060.jpg

Re:

Well, I posted in 2012, went through a divorce and now live somewhere else! So hello to you all again. :facepalm:

I still have this bike and cannot bring myself to let go. So I plan on getting the gears serviced, cables replaced, new tyres, and getting some front shocks. Any ideas on reasonably priced shocks? The idea is for riding on tracks and canal paths near my home.

Well done not letting go. I'd keep rigid as that is what it is mean't to be. Plus the riding you mention no need for susser forks. Just add weight and change the angles.

tintin40":28298fvl said:
Well done not letting go. I'd keep rigid as that is what it is mean't to be. Plus the riding you mention no need for susser forks. Just add weight and change the angles.

Good advice. I will keep as is and just get the servicing / tyres sorted.

Thank you.

Re: Re:

Johnboy":w8hjerlt said:
Well, I posted in 2012, went through a divorce

I think Retrobike has been the cause of quite a few divorces :LOL: .

Looking at this site and the buying and selling I am not surprised! :mrgreen:

I have decided to treat this as a project. I have not really worked on bikes before but think I will have a go. I need to learn how to service the gears, may well need new cables, can sort tyres and tubes easily enough - any recommendations for tyres/tubes for this? I have been looking at Panaracer for both?

Need to start a list. :!:

Latest posts

Back