1993/94 Orange Prestige, a long way from home.

JonTom

Senior Retro Guru
I saw this for sale in Brisbane recently. The seller wasn't keen to post or even roll into his lbs, so a fellow retro nut offered to collect it for me. Cheers Paul!

The seller was the original owner. He tells me the fork is factory but ... yeah, I'm not so sure. Think I'll swap it for a Pace.

I haven't received it yet (be another week or so to get it packed a couriered to Sydney) but looking forward to it arriving.

Attachments

• $_20 copy.PNG
    $_20 copy.PNG
    142.9 KB · Views: 560
Re:

Very nice.

Back then you could change most of the parts directly from the shop with Orange so as long as they’re period correct he could be right.

Re:

Nice. I do like a bit of purple :cool:
1993 frame I think (same as I have).
It's true you could spec different forks on these, I thought they were usually Pace or Rock Shox though. Not sure what you have there but they look "period" with the canti brake hanger. Maybe the shop that originally sold it swapped out the forks for the owner?

That is a long way from home! Nice to see. I've one too and a nice paint job. Could well be original though I don't recognise the forks.

Re:

Just to reinforce what Brocklanders said, i had a c-16 of similar vintage in blue & silver with those forks on it

Back