1993 Orange Clockwork. *Small Update 8/2/2011*

Waking this thread from its sleep!
Been reading up on builds like this, and working out what colours to do my frames.
It's strange they did this colour with the classic stickers, did any other colours in 93 get classic stickers? I was thinking solid orange for ease at powder coated a but open to options.

Re:

From memory the 92/3 colours were orange/white, purple/orange, silver grey and black. All with classic decals but the block decals also available. The classic decals seemed so stop late 93 and certainly before the c16 in 1994.

Re: Re:

brocklanders023":2l8dcb71 said:
From memory the 92/3 colours were orange/white, purple/orange, silver grey and black. All with classic decals but the block decals also available. The classic decals seemed so stop late 93 and certainly before the c16 in 1994.

Ah that's interesting, thanks. I had a NOS one in 1992 and remember getting a choice, ultimately classic ones we had to hand.the Block ones were the latest then maybe then or for 93.
Both my Prestige and Clockwork are 93 with top routed cables. The Clockwork is turquoise/grey with blocks. Open to options redoing that one. Happy for it to be a honest 93 style wihich I think I'm doing with the Prestige (purple and block) but your build got me thinking! Cheers

Re:

They were changing over in 92/3 so you could get either style. I remember reading that they bought a new decal making machine in 92 and were spending loads of time messing about with new designs. Again from memory the champagne/blue for Clockwork and champagne/purple for Prestige were for the 93/4 bikes and marked the proper change over to block (along with a different top tube cable routing for the Clockwork and the introduction of the p7) but the older styles were still available from stock. :D

Great information there, it makes sense too. Yes champagne and blue Clockwork I've seen so little of my first Retrobike era Prestige I forget what colour it actually is.
I also noticed that some champagne and blue ones are Tange Infinity still, and some later maybe are series 7. The later one had a Prestige style canti hanger too. All very confusing. I though I'd replaced my Clockwork for the 91/2 large one but clearly not, I'm building 6 oranges then! Haha

Back