1989 Orange Clockwork

jimo746

Gold Trader
MacRetro Rider
Orange 🍊 Fan
Feedback
View
Bought this 1989 Orange Clockwork frame (+forks) from the For Sale section on here recently.
When it arrived it was all one colour, flouro Orange, but one can of spare white paint later and it's now orange/white. My first time doing a fade paint job, probably my last too :LOL: not as easy as I thought. Anyway, the frame could really do with a complete refurb, so for now this'll do (may splash out on some decals for it, undecided just now).
I may steal the Suntour XCD group from my 1990 Kona to get this thing rideable.
But the next step will be polishing the frame and forks.

Frame number looks to be: N300A0075 so is it an '89 frame?

Attachments

• 20180618_211237-946x532.jpg
    20180618_211237-946x532.jpg
    208.4 KB · Views: 761
  • 20180618_212503-752x598.jpg
    20180618_212503-752x598.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 761
Yes one of my 89 clockworks have an A in the middle of the frame number, so i would say its definitely an 89. Good score!

Re:

Cool. Good to know. Was all flouro Orange an option then? Or had the white just faded away completely? No trace of any white on it when it arrived.

I'll watch this one too. Also discovered a c16-r with some pace attached in a bike recyclers. pick up later this week.

A joint build :LOL: though mine is battleship grey :LOL:

Re: Re:

brocklanders023":2sa1wl8m said:
Yeah, all Orange was an option early on

Fu*k! I've just spray painted over the original paint then :LOL:

Never mind, like I said it's a candidate for a full refurb. If I end up keeping it then it'll probably head to Bob Jackson's in Leeds for the paint as they did my Prestige & a few other frames I've had.
The refurb won't be happening any time soon , I've got another Orange to refurb before that ;)
But I may get this up & running just for fun.

jimo746":1pnmok5p said:
Cool. Good to know. Was all flouro Orange an option then? Or had the white just faded away completely? No trace of any white on it when it arrived.

this made me smile :) had the white faded to a fluro orange colour :shock: :)

looking forward to seeing it together though :cool:

mark

mkone":2eye60uu said:
jimo746":2eye60uu said:

this made me smile :) had the white faded to a fluro orange colour :shock: :

:LOL: I only mentioned it as a Tushingham I had a few years back was the same colours but the Orange had faded completely in places to show the white paint underneath.

Although in hindsight it would seem a bit silly to have flouro Orange as the base with the white on top... but that's what I appear to have just done :? :LOL:

Back