1996 YETI A.R.C. - COMPLETED!

Re: Re:

Retro Spud":3ug2alvx said:
Archangel":3ug2alvx said:
Since Ringlé hubs are time bombs just waiting to break up, I will most probably use XTR hubs as well.

:LOL: thats why I'm ashamed to say mine only gets a ridden very occasional

Opportunity for someone to make repro hubs or hub bodies out of the right alloy. Sure there would be a lot of people after a Ringle hubs that don't crack.

Re:

Allright, I'm starting to be set for building up the bike.
Still have to order new decals from Gil and then building can begin.

I have bought a following setup for the bike:
- Ringlé Moby post
- Ringlé H2O bottle cage
- Ringlé Twisters Ti
- Ringlé Zooka Ahead
- Rock Shox Judy SL
- Easton/Yeti handlebar
- Odi Yeti grips
- Chris King Nothreadset + Spacers
- Selle San Marco Concor Light seat
- Ultimate Machine seat collar
- Kooka cranks + Kooka chainrings
- Deore XT bottom bracket
- XTR M950 rd
- XTR M953 fd
- Gripshift Srt800 X-Ray shifters
- Magura HS33 Raceline D brakes
- Hope TiGlide hubbed wheels
- IRC Yeti FRO tires (alternative green Michelin Comp S)

Still unsure whether I should use IRC/Yeti or Michelin tires on it.
Also contemplating of should I have barends or not.

Re: 1996 YETI A.R.C. - build suggestions

sounds like a nice build. I'd pass on bar ends. And fit IRC tires

fattiman":348h9338 said:
I would get rid of the hope hubs, replace with some HUGI.

What's wrong with the Hopes? As I've got a turquoise build here, the blue Hopes are a near match for the colour.
For Hugis (amazing hubs, had some Coda branded many years ago and now sporting 240S hubs on my actual rider) I would need to have yellow ones as silvers don't fit the outlook.

Re:

Here's a photo taken some months ago (we don't have snow anymore :LOL: ):

It got a M953 XTR front derailleur for it but as XTR didn't have a M95X series downswing FD before the 9-speed group, I decided to revert to M900. Bought one from Austria but the courier company messed up and now it's somewhere between the countries going back to the sender :roll: Hopefully I'll get it in the end.

The bike will also have XTR SL-M950 8-speed shift pods and black/yellow Flite.
I will also need some more sponsor decals + smaller Yeti head tube decal as the current one is too large.

BTW: if you need Yeti specific parts, I have these available:
- Yeti Speed Grips for Gripshift SRT800, turquoise (NOS, complete set)
- Yeti Speed Grips for Gripshift SRT800, clear (NOS, Gripshift grips only)
- Yeti Speed Grips, clear (used)
- IRC/Yeti For Racing Only tires (used, pair)

Thanks for the update!

So you says yours is a 96/97, from the transitional period. Im wondering about the collars on the headtube. Mine has those too, and I don't seem to see those too often.

I'm planning on a full repaint and want to do the frame as correct as possible, since it costs a lot of money to paint it. I'm wondering if the decals like on the bike below are still correct for a 96/97 frame... Can anything about the built date be traced back from the serial number?

Attachments

• yeti ARC.jpg
    yeti ARC.jpg
    250.3 KB · Views: 416
Re:

Well, the 1996 brochure still shows the "YETI A.R.C. EASTON" decals but many '96 frames came only with "YETI" decals. I read that at least in some cases they shipped the frame with "A.R.C." and "EASTON" decals not applied but still included with the user manuals etc.
So, these "additiona" decals are totally fine for 1996.

For 1997 Yeti moved to Troy Lee Designs' arrow decals and there were no "A.R.C." and "EASTON" decals anymore.

I think the frame's way cooler with the full set of decals like mine or in that photo so go ahead and make it such that pleases you the most.

Looks nice, I owned one more modern but I have sold

One question about this photo, This is a shop? The TV is modern soy if it exist and it is a shop I would like to contact them :) It is like a dream ... ;)

image1_zpsofqt1tth.jpg

Latest posts

Back