Daccordi mtb build

It should go with Euclid group, but I understand it is rare and expensive!
It must go with ITM or 3TTT stem and bar, selcof seatpost, or choose the seatpost from the group you will choose.
Nice nivacrom tube sets, first nivacrome tube sets from columbus. The bike can also be light. How much does it weight?

it should be dated between 88 and 90. You can go also with a deore, or deore xt 1988 six speed.

http://campybike.com/pdf/1989Pinarello.pdf
Page 10 and 11 two italian classic builds with campy and shimano for a top of the range mountain bike.

Crus":7oubfrew said:
It should go with Euclid group, but I understand it is rare and expensive!
It must go with ITM or 3TTT stem and bar, selcof seatpost, or choose the seatpost from the group you will choose.
Nice nivacrom tube sets, first nivacrome tube sets from columbus. The bike can also be light. How much does it weight?

it should be dated between 88 and 90. You can go also with a deore, or deore xt 1988 six speed.

http://campybike.com/pdf/1989Pinarello.pdf
Page 10 and 11 two italian classic builds with campy and shimano for a top of the range mountain bike.
I agree about Euclid if it's at all possible. I'll be watching this carefully. I have a couple of Italian frames from this era for which I'm quietly sourcing Campagnolo.

Crus and John J, thank you for your comments. I think I can accommodate you on the 3T stem. More on that later.
I agree Campag components would be nice but trying to both find and afford them will just delay my ever getting this bike on the road. Also it has a Shimano BB, Italian threaded, so I guess that was how it was equipped originally. The nice thing about XT is that it is reasonably available. I have just to make sure I get versions from the right time period.
However, the main reason I will not be going Campag on this build is......... Watch my next post.(tease !) :D
Antstark, there will be some thing there to interest you too ;)

Thanks for the enquiry. Wow, you must have dug deep !
At the moment the frame is still in its bike box so, sadly, no further forward in terms of being built up. However, matters have progressed in other ways and in terms of how to build it.
The “tease” I mentioned, in my last post, was that I had bought another Daccordi mtb, a conventional frame “Mountain Climber”. Fully equipped with Campagnolo Euclid/Centaur it appears to date from 1989.

Having now got a model to work from, being unfamiliar with Campag mtb stuff previously, I decided the Daccordi E frame should have the same. So, various E-bay deals later, I think I have most of the Campag components to build the E bike up. I have had wheels built using a pair of Campag Chorus hubs I had in stock. These are road hubs, but I am sure will be fine for the sort of towpath riding I do. Rims are Mavic X517 CD with a smoked grey appearance.
Interestingly, The Mountain Climber had full Campag except the rims which are Mavic. Why not Campag mtb rims ? They were available. In having the wheels built for the E frame, I was told Campag mtb rims are notoriously difficult to fit tyres to and Mavic’s are recommended.
Well that is it. Come back in another 4 years and perhaps I will have finished it !
Thank you for your interest.

Attachments

• Daccordi MC 1 (1024x576).jpg
    Daccordi MC 1 (1024x576).jpg
    138.2 KB · Views: 650
  • Daccordi MC 2 (1024x576).jpg
    Daccordi MC 2 (1024x576).jpg
    168.5 KB · Views: 650
  • Daccordi MC 3 (1024x576).jpg
    Daccordi MC 3 (1024x576).jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 650
Re:

Hi,
ok great news! i'll come back in a few years. meanwhile here is the other main thread on Daccordi MTB initiated by the previous owner of my Daccordi ECS frame (in german, you may want to translate via chrome).
It has white decals but looks very similar.

https://www.mtb-news.de/forum/t/daccord ... re.655431/

I uploaded some images of my build in the last posts.
But i just sold the bike - The bike is its way to NYC.
Maybe the new owner will post here someday...

BR, Peter

Attachments

• daccordi-mtb-1991-26297_12.jpg
    daccordi-mtb-1991-26297_12.jpg
    219.4 KB · Views: 652
Wow ! Another Daccordi E frame. I wonder how many they made. What does ECS mean ? Thanks for the link to the other website. It translated ok. I see he went with a Shimano build; that was probably quite sensible.
Many thanks for getting in touch.

Back