Any late 90s Xizang owners on here?

tonybrown5

Retro Guru
I've just secured a mint 98 Xizang frame from the States. Whilst I wait for it to arrive I'd love some build inspiration.
Currently I have some yellow 97 Judy SLs spare that I may use (not sure yet - what have others gone for?) and a black Syncros Cattlehead stem, the one with the silver flip front. Going to opt for a modern set of riser bars, mainly for comfort.
Group I think will primarily be M952XTR, though I have some XT Vs I can use temporarily.
Wheels, not sure - missed out today on some lovely yellow Mavic Crossrides which would have looked amazing. Can you get a 9 speed cassette on a set of Spins?
Crankset - I have a set of black race face in the garage, albeit in horrid ISIS fit that I could use to start off with, again would be good to see some alternatives.
Colour scheme to be either blue, black or yellow - no purple or red.

Basically whilst I wait for it to arrive (couple of months as a mate will be bringing it over when he's next in the UK) I'm just after ideas. Frame will also be polished to mirror finish :)

Here you go, some of the pics are victims of pb but there is still plenty :)

Even though most are pre 97 but as you have posted yours in the pre 97 i thought i would post it :)

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=150760

➡️ mark

mkone":qri0srga said:
Here you go, some of the pics are victims of pb but there is still plenty :)

Even though most are pre 97 but as you have posted yours in the pre 97 i thought i would post it :)

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=150760

➡️ mark

Thanks for that. It is a 98 so only just out but after a bit of a think the build will be pre 97 in terms of parts.
Main colours will be yellow and black to tie in with the decals.
Now got a stunning mint set of yellow mavic crossride hubs to go on. Frame unfortunately won't be with me for 3 or 4 months :(

I also picked up a rather special donor bike today, I'll bet using that till the xizang arrives before moving over many of the parts.

I've got a 96, but built it up with fairly modern stuff, last model xt/xtr 9speed, manitou R7's etc. with a few old bits thrown in, OG flite saddle, onza Ti bar ends etc.

Back