1993 Zaskar Build

I think this is about 5 years in it's current guise now, would love to say I lovingly maintain it but I just ride the thing! I think it is time for a refresh though, I want to re-polish and swap a few bits and bobs on it this year just for a new look really, can't complain, it's cost me pennies over the years since I built it.

Nice dusty 20 miles tonight..

IMG_20180523_191849.jpg

IMG_20180523_191831.jpg

Last edited:
Re: Re:

SEANSTEPHENS":46uteggu said:
Good to see it still gets used and loved as intended. Are you changing anything on it this year?

It's the unbeatable bike! I wouldn't class myself as a hard rider by any means but it just keeps on going!

I would love to swap out some components this year, really fancy a few nice Thomson bits and would love to change the front chainset that I fitted "temporarily" back in 2011 :LOL:

Been looking for some skin walls as well but they seem like rocking horse poo to buy brand new :cry:

All in all, watch this space! I do really want to give it a face lift though but without breaking the bank - easier said than done!

legrandefromage":37olvxzt said:
I wouldnt worry about skinwalls/tanwall/gumwall tyres, fit what works and carry on riding the tits off it.

Ultimately, this is the most likely outcome :D

I'm all up for making stuff look nice but the aim of a bike is to ride it, it's not a show piece, when it isn't being used i'm forever tripping over the thing in my garage, certainly not a shelf queen / wall art.

Re:

First ride out in about a year today! A new baby 11 months ago meant that free time was at a premium and cycling slipped down the list of things I spent my limited free time doing :oops:

It felt good to get the old girl out today but it reminded me of something I had forgotten all about, a trip to Llandegla near the end of 2018 saw off my rear Hope hub :( I think I had 4 spokes not longer connected which has resulted in the rear wheel being bent as a bendy thing 😢 I aim to address this now so I don't forget again...

Anyway, a picture from today, was only about 10 miles but boy did I feel it :LOL:

IMG_20200102_132544.jpg

Last edited:
Re:

Still looking great, though... :cool:

Same as my brother in laws except yours is a lot cleaner!

Where did you go - a bit of the Wirral Way? :D

Re: Re:

Dossa":15iqhwfz said:
Still looking great, though... :cool:

Same as my brother in laws except yours is a lot cleaner!

Where did you go - a bit of the Wirral Way? :D

Thanks! It's actually really in need of a clean and polish now!

I went around Arrow Park, from home in Moreton. The Wirral Way was the original plan but in end, didn't fancy the ride down against the wind to get there and back so settled on something more in land

Re:

Well this has happened...

IMG_20200811_203510 (1).jpg

Time for a deep clean and polish then rebuild with a few different bits and looking and feeling fresh.

I'd like to say it will be done over the next month or so but who knows :roll:

Last edited:
Back