Bromwich 1989 updated 19/05/18

Re:

So it came back from the powdercoaters and I was a little dissapointed.

its not metallic for a start, threads were not taped off, took a while to get the cardboard out of the headtube, had to drill out the BB cable noodles and had to sand the stem so it would fit in the forks :evil:

But... I like the colour, its more mustard unlike narcotitlan's yellow Bromwich so its staying and the decals added.

IMG_20180519_123248.jpg

IMG_20180519_123242.jpg

Cue The mountain LX, all salvaged from a donor bike with a cracked headtube so I dont feel so bad for stripping a period piece down, tyres arent period but they are nice. after a short ride out it became clear the 105 headset needed replacing, cracked in two places unfortunately otherwise its a good un.

IMG_20180519_144130.jpg

IMG_20180519_183637.jpg

IMG_20180519_183646.jpg

Really nice mate. You don’t hang around do you!

raidan73":3kx5i92z said:
Really nice mate. You don’t hang around do you!

Hanging around is for monkeys fella :) , I had been squirreling parts away for ages so bringing it together near the end was the easy part, overall I'm pleased with how it looks considering the powder prolems.

Very cool! That mustard yellow looks perfect - totally suits it, LX parts too with those funky brakes look right

:cool: missed the update as i was expecting it to take longer :roll:

Have you got any pics of the frame stripped? were all the tubes ok?

That colour seems to clash with every background you put it in front of :LOL:

Nice!

mark

Re:

Cheers Guys,

Been wanting to pop a mountain LX group on something for ages and this seemed right for it, and it is one of my favorite groupsets too - one year only kit! and it shifts as good as XT too.

another pic, hopefully without a background clash.

IMG_20180519_184103.jpg

Back