(slightly late) 2017 Mayhem Project - Sintesi Hantrax

Re:

Ordered some red jockey wheels, and thinking some blue bolts for the brakes, Cranks and maybe some other bits and bobs. Not really a fan of blue but the mech bolt looks lonely. I suppose I COULD just replace that mech bolt, but where's the fun in that?

Re:

Picked up a replacement mech pivot bolt, stripped down the mech to clean it up and the old bolt was stuck like a b@$t@rd. I persevered but eventually gave up, thought sod it, the bolt will still tighten so rebuild the spring and everything looks fine. So I go to bolt it onto the frame.... thread it gently on..... torque it up and...

Attachments

• DSC_0486.jpg
    DSC_0486.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 889
  • DSC_0487.jpg
    DSC_0487.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 889
Re:

Dead bolt out, new bolt in. Some swearing later the spring is sprung and the mech returns to the frame.
could have done without the ball ache but simple enough job.

Attachments

• DSC_0490.jpg
    DSC_0490.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 850
  • DSC_0491.jpg
    DSC_0491.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 850
Re:

Not happy with the rear mech. When it's clamped on it seems to be sticking with the pivot bolt so rather than rotation around the pivot the pivot is rotating in the hanger. So sod that, out with the M900 and in with some M739 to match the other components.

Brakes that came with this were a bit wibbly but can't remember if that was wobble in the parallelogram or around the boss. They seem fine in the hand so I'll give them a clean up and see how they go.

Now, wheels...

Re:

Just about a year now since this one should have been done, so yeah nearly there.

And as you say, watch it ride like a fridge and go straight in the bin

Some just don’t want to be born. This one will have three sixes stamped under the bottom bracket.

Back