Kona Hei Hei King Kahuna

Re: Kona Hei Hei - Take 2

:cool: ooo, i like that, my size too :)

Looking forward to the build

Should change the title though as its a KK ;)

Mark

Re:

So in the last build it started with the orange Z1's as they appear in the (97?) catalogue. But they weigh more than me, so I pulled them out and popped in the black Z4 fly light. These too were rather weighty and were replaced with the RST XMO which are not heavy at all. Add into the mix a recently acquired X Fly 80 I now have a choice of 4 forks.

I like the lightness of the XMO and X Fly. I like the rugged durability of the Z1. I'm not too hot on the Fly Lights but I think they represent a compromise between the two, beefier than the lightweights but not as heavy as the Z1.

I would like to keep weight down but it's not the absolute goal for me.

Aesthetically, the blue decals on this frame lean towards the blue forks nicely, well more so than the orange decals on the old frame. But black or silver will go with anything so again, not really an issue.

Thoughts? Other options?

Attachments

• DSC_0435.jpg
    DSC_0435.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 1,023
  • DSC_0436.jpg
    DSC_0436.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 1,023
  • DSC_0437.jpg
    DSC_0437.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 1,023
  • DSC_0438 (1).jpg
    DSC_0438 (1).jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 1,023
  • DSC_0439.jpg
    DSC_0439.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 1,023
Re: Re:

maxhc":2o1ni2bg said:
My choice would be a White Bros Magic 80

Not familiar with that one, what's to recommend it?
Also given that I'm not familiar with it I'm guessing it's a rather rare item, making it expensive and pretty much irreparable. Or not?

Re:

Parts are starting to come together. Much of the old build will be carried over but will tweak a bit.
Think some nicer bars and seatpost will help.
The wheels are fairly light and super smooth spinning, but will keep my eyes open for something a bit shinier.
and the brake levers are on the list too.

Thought I had made good progress with a nice USE set of bars post and stem, but the post is 27.2 and this frame takes a 27.0, so still looking.

Back