1993 KHS Montana Team Restoration

Re: Re:

TSC.":3deul20u said:
Thanks for the tip Wadsy, I'll get them wrapped in a towel or something.

Annoyingly I can't see your pics on here, just some Photobucket stamp. BUT, I've seen your thread before, very nice Montana Team you had there, was one I lusted after when I started getting mine built.

I've just uploaded the pic to Imgur and re-posted, so hopefully you can see it now :)

btw, there is a 'patch' you can install to allow you to see photobucket pics. I did this a while back and it's worked. I can't recall how it was done, but there was a thread about it on here a while back.

Cheers

Re:

Excellent, I can see it now :)

Looks great, was it resprayed? The pink is really vibrant?

I only use my phone for stuff now, not used a PC for years except to upload my Garmin.

Re: Re:

TSC.":12w2fxlz said:
Excellent, I can see it now :)

Looks great, was it resprayed? The pink is really vibrant?

I only use my phone for stuff now, not used a PC for years except to upload my Garmin.

:cool:

No, I machine polished it :)

Cheers

Re:

Thread resurrection, but this red Ringlé H20 is probably the final part I needed to complete the build the way I wanted it. It's now also sporting M900 hubs on ceramic 231s, and an M900 chainset:

Attachments

• 20190531_170358-1008x756.jpg
    20190531_170358-1008x756.jpg
    162.1 KB · Views: 393
  • 20190201_100514-1062x848.jpg
    20190201_100514-1062x848.jpg
    294 KB · Views: 393
Just keeps getting better, great job on the restoration.

I'm one for keeping original where at all possible (too lazy/terrible at paint, through lack of patience!), but the job you've made on this, makes me question these choices!

Mike

Re:

Thanks, can't take any credit for the paint though, that was all Alistair at Fatcreations - it's also just had a polish and wax ready for the Malverns :)

Cracking job, but there's one little mistake... it's not Montana, but Montaña. (Not sure if the squiggle above the second n will come out, it's a spanish letter not usually available on a UK keyboard and might or might not show up)

It can be seen in the pics of your frame before painting, on page 1 of the thread.

quick explication here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/%C3%91

Montaña (with a squiggle above the second n) is spanish for "mountain". I don't think these had anything to do with the US state of Montana (with no squiggle)

cracking build though, and I doubt any non-spanish speakers would ever pick up on it!

Re:

Exactly right Foz, the squiggle is missing, with it it translates to 'mountain' in Spanish. It's a small detail which is barely noticeable to most, in fact you're the only person who has ever mentioned it. Not worth a respray to fix though :D

Back