Attitude Mc2 Colour options please?

Tomianson

BoTM Winner
BoTY Winner
Feedback
View
Hi All..
So I have acquired a lovely 94 Attitude Mc2 frame/forks/stem in Sea & Sky. However there is various bits bits of bubbling paint, touched up scratches and a couple of very small dents.

The options are:

Leave it as is and build it up with M900 or M737 parts.
Have it repainted by Kleinspainted, either in its existing colour form or Painted Desert.
Have it repainted by Dave Wilkins in Pearl Black or Painted Desert.
Have it repainted in Pearl Black by Argos cycles.

I really like a pristine bike so maybe the first option is a no. The second option is good but sadly there is a very long waiting list for Kleinspainted. I could send it to Dave in the US but i am always nervous sending a frame abroad in case there is more damage or it gets mislaid.
The final option, sending it to Argos, is quite appealing. It can be done fairly quickly, Argos are very good and although they cant do original Klein colours, they can do a very goodPearl Black with debased writing etc.

what does everyone thing. i know part of the value is in keeping the original paint, but then this frame is pretty tatty so if it has to be repainted, i suppose one isnt thinking about value anyway. Im quite taken by a pearl black attitude, what does everyone think?

The attached photo's show some, but certainly not all, of the damage.

T

Attachments

• IMG_0949.JPG
    IMG_0949.JPG
    28.7 KB · Views: 529
  • IMG_0946.JPG
    IMG_0946.JPG
    46.5 KB · Views: 529
  • IMG_0945.JPG
    IMG_0945.JPG
    37.5 KB · Views: 529
  • IMG_0943.JPG
    IMG_0943.JPG
    40.5 KB · Views: 529
  • IMG_0940.JPG
    IMG_0940.JPG
    39.3 KB · Views: 529
  • IMG_0948.JPG
    IMG_0948.JPG
    33.4 KB · Views: 529
Re:

Interesting scenario. I too like things pristine and I think would most likely go ahead with a repaint given that frame damage. Which option to choose though is more difficult and more of a personal preference. Have you factored cost into the decision making process? Is that a priority for you?

How different is the range of prices for the three different repaint options including the shipping cost (and associated risk as you highlighted) for the US option?

Star12

Re: Re:

Star12":3s9iayev said:
Interesting scenario. I too like things pristine and I think would most likely go ahead with a repaint given that frame damage. Which option to choose though is more difficult and more of a personal preference. Have you factored cost into the decision making process? Is that a priority for you?

How different is the range of prices for the three different repaint options including the shipping cost (and associated risk as you highlighted) for the US option?

Star12

Hi Star12

Cost is a factor in the decision. Painting it here with Kleinspainted is similar to sending it out to the states although adding in shipping costs, the USA option is a bit pricier.
Argos cycles is the cheapest option and I can take the frame there and collect it myself. But then it’s the least ‘Klein’ building it would still end up being a lovely bike.

Tough decision really. I guess it boils down to leave it as is, Painted-desert or Pearl Black.
T

Re:

Build it as it is, ride it, search for the same but in better condition then sell this one.

Re:

Agreeing with Vinevo.

Build it and use it. Get some enjoyment and fun from riding it.

If it still haunts you with all the scars from its life, then you could get into line at Jon (Kleinspainted), but still have a full two year of enjoying it before he will turn it back to its former glory.

K.

Re: Re:

Klein-aficionado":3h9v7din said:
Agreeing with Vinevo.

Build it and use it. Get some enjoyment and fun from riding it.

If it still haunts you with all the scars from its life, then you could get into line at Jon (Kleinspainted), but still have a full two year of enjoying it before he will turn it back to its former glory.

K.

Agree with above. Also could the pictures be the correct way round?

I know, I had a Pinted Desert attitude, it was stunning. Might go for that in time. We'll see.
Will start a build thread soon, just waiting for some wheels to arrive.

Build it and ride it while you decide :) might decide to spend the money on other things once its up and running and your out enjoying it ;)

Then again, get it sprayed your favourite colour, hang some nos parts off it, stick it on the wall and dream of how much fun it would be to just ride it :LOL:

Mark

Latest posts

Back