boy"O"boy's Pace RC100S

I don't know whats more impressive - the end result or the tools you used to get there. Amazing bike and fabulous photographs / journey. Thanks for sharing it.

Superb! Just loving the custard yellow, reminds me of the MBi interview bike. Well done on a first class finish, no corners cut, no stone unturned.

slackboy":3sdfqe6i said:
I don't know whats more impressive - the end result or the tools you used to get there. Amazing bike and fabulous photographs / journey. Thanks for sharing it.

Thanks for the kind words. Whilst doing the restoration - although there was a long pause in between for Children/House moves/ Job changes etc.... I like to document everything as it went along. Most of the watchers probably though I'd given up with the time it took, but I got there in the end! At the time too, having access to some pretty cool data capture and rapid prototype equipment, I was keen to share how some of the processes I used day to day could be applied to retrobikes. Rapid prototyping has advanced massively since posting those original images, data capture is far quicker now to build your file, but the hand finishing and painting still remains the same. Glad you enjoyed it! :D

pete_mcc":12hu87op said:
Superb! Just loving the custard yellow, reminds me of the MBi interview bike. Well done on a first class finish, no corners cut, no stone unturned.

Thanks Pete..... Appreciate the thumbs up of approval!
Your own RC100 was continually a source of reference when completing this build - a fantastic bike which deserves Kudos in it's own right!

I'll be reading back through those MBis now to see if I can get a scan on here of the 'Custard Yellow' now!

Cheers for the kind words!

I'd like to get a picture of my RC100 with my other Unicorn up too.... all in due course!!

Cheers
boy"O"boy

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    184.9 KB · Views: 577
Re:

fantastic restoration takes me back to 1989.

its a pity you didnt produce a box full of those top tube cable guides.

Re:

They never made a 2dr Calrsson did they?
I know there was a rare 2dr Airflow kit in both flat and slant nose variety

I had 5 900t's over the years
G

Re:

Former `89 T16 owner here(and it wont be my last).That Carlsson is super sweet and my unicorn.Anyone who hasnt driven a pre GM C900 turbo is seriously missing out.Even the low pressure ones are a hoot.

Back