Tubes: Dunno

Saddle: Selle Italia Flite Ti
Seatpost: Syncros Titanium
Seatpost Binder: Ringlé Holey

Weight: Don't care..

:D

Re:

Really nice bike! A true classic.

I've often wondered -- If you were building a classic bike like this for somebody else what do you think it would sell for?

Re: 1994 DEAN Titanium - swapped to XTR

this is how this bike looked like back in the mid nineties (my brother who was sponsored by Dean was the first owner).

2d8jdlk.jpg

Re:

That looks way cool :cool:, thanks for sharing Wim!

Not necessarily a fan of the wheel/tyre combo, but I'm a sucker for brand decals, so I really like the Sandvik and Michelin stickers :)..
Are those Mag21 SL Ti's?

Just out of curiosity: how does a Belgian guy (i.e. your brother) end up being sponsored by an American bike company like DEAN..?

Re: 1994 DEAN Titanium - swapped to XTR

My brother ende 2nd Junior in Paris-Roubaix (the year before he was sponsered by DEAN) and as a result of that, he was sponsored (material-sponsoring) by Michelin and Rigida. The high rims were hot back than so that explains why those wheels are on the bike. They were fugly, I know. :)

But to answer the DEAN question: he was riding a friends full suspension DEAN (the one below) in that race and as I was working for the Benelux-distributor for DEAN and Machine Tech, we contacted the USA guys, showing them the press coverage on my brothers' race. They were enthousiastic and gave him the Ti frame as part of the sponsor deal. That's the story. ;-) And the fact we were near the source of MT parts explains why he was riding that massive MT stem (and rear Zero Flex brakes).

It is indeed a Mag 21 Sl Ti.

2dja3j9.jpg

Re:

Almost seven years since I laid my hands on this lovely titanium frame and I've been enjoying it ever since..
p5pb6581088.jpg

Got round completing the first built version almost a year later:
p5pb7871857.jpg

And, like in my life, a lot has changed ever since :)

First by changing the cranks, seatpost and wheelset:
p5pb8215620.jpg

Then, after moving to another city, I received a karma DEAN stem, to replace the Zookas and I put on a white Flite with blue kevlar edges that matched the crankset. Oow, and a pair of Maxxis skinwall grey tyres :cool:
p5pb10233404.jpg

And subsequently, decided to change to front suspension
p5pb11452899.jpg

Eventually, after upgrading it from XT to XTR
p5pb13669549.jpg

I switched to Magura HS33's instead of cantilevers for braking power and rode my DEAN again during a nice ride in lovely weather conditions!
p5pb15830155.jpg

:D

Re:

Just over 8 years since my first post in this thread and the titanium beauty contained herein continues to be my favorite home-built retrobike to date, even after the current collapse of the RS Mag21's I was running up front. So I put the Pace RC30's back in again :cool:

p5pb17230556.jpg

p5pb17230559.jpg

p5pb17230565.jpg

I do love all those shades of grey :LOL:

Back