A Torus Titanium Find Now Finished

Re: A (not so) Lucky Ti Find

RickTheUncivil":rpg9r0ll said:
talk to the man Danson, If he can't do it himself I'm sure he will know someone who can

I did message him but I guess he must have too much on
Anyway... I have dropped it off somewhere very loccal to me to see what can be done. Should get it back tues fingers crossed

Interesting Continental sticker on the chainstay, I've never noticed one on another M-Trax/Torus apart from my own, which is an ex-Barrie Clarke team bike.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180420-074320-288x512.png
    Screenshot_20180420-074320-288x512.png
    93.9 KB · Views: 1,089

TSC.":3qi4q2p8 said:
Interesting Continental sticker on the chainstay, I've never noticed one on another M-Trax/Torus apart from my own, which is an ex-Barrie Clarke team bike.

Interesting...I removed them from both sides yesterday and underneath the original titanium decals were in mint condition so have probably been on since new!

Re:

Really hard to tell, I don't know anymore about them, don't know whether they were only on certain bikes, or if you could by them on their own. Stephen Perkins may know, but I don't know if he's on here, I suspect he is mind.

Re:

Re the Continental Decals:

I messaged Stephen:

'Hi Stephen, just wondering if I can pick your brains. This might turn out to be nothing though.

I've seen a Torus on Retrobike that had the Continental sticker on the chainstay, I've only ever noticed them before on team bikes. Do you know if it would only be applied to certain bikes? I can't imagine them being sold or produced back then by someone like Gil at Retrodecals.'

His reply:

'Hi Martyn
Tough call. I’m pretty sure you’re right. I’ve no recollection of anything other than the team having that Conti decal.
Check the underside of the B.B. shell for riders initials, although it’s not guaranteed.
Best regards
Steve'

Not conclusive, but certainly points to an interesting history.

Racin'snake":3ja5sjwg said:
RickTheUncivil":3ja5sjwg said:
talk to the man Danson, If he can't do it himself I'm sure he will know someone who can

I did message him but I guess he must have too much on
Anyway... I have dropped it off somewhere very loccal to me to see what can be done. Should get it back tues fingers crossed

Aye, fingers crossed.
Dan doesn't always reply right away as he does have a life away from the forum, but if your local guys can't help it may be worth a gentle reminder to him after a week or so.

Re: Re:

TSC.":2oq85byr said:
Re the Continental Decals:

I messaged Stephen:

'Hi Stephen, just wondering if I can pick your brains. This might turn out to be nothing though.

I've seen a Torus on Retrobike that had the Continental sticker on the chainstay, I've only ever noticed them before on team bikes. Do you know if it would only be applied to certain bikes? I can't imagine them being sold or produced back then by someone like Gil at Retrodecals.'

His reply:

'Hi Martyn
Tough call. I’m pretty sure you’re right. I’ve no recollection of anything other than the team having that Conti decal.
Check the underside of the B.B. shell for riders initials, although it’s not guaranteed.
Best regards
Steve'

Not conclusive, but certainly points to an interesting history.

Thanks for your efforts Martyn
This is all very exciting. I cant check the frame number as like I said its being fettled and don't want to bother the guy who has it. I did look at the frame number and honestly cant remember seeing anything other than random numbers.
Either way the more I read about these frames the more I can't wait to ride it. Thanks :)

Re:

Be interesting to see the frame number, but as Stephen says, it's no guarantee that it will have any initials. Exciting times though. PM me when you get the frame number and we'll see if it's anything like mine.

Back