NOS Nakamura Summit 1997

Dami

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
It's not a barn find, but rather a garage find. Some guy had bought it as new (here in Finland), forgotten it to the corner of his garage and put it on sale after cleaning his garage. When I got there, it was still covered in wrappings and ridden zero meters! :shock: So I guess it goes under NOS category. For him it was just some junk found in his garage so the price was good for me. :D Only thing missing was the pedals, but other than that it was in original form and even the tubes still hold air perfectly! It also had barends on it, but decided to take them off at least for the photo. I'm an old-school MTB'er, but kind of grown out of those :)

The biggest problem now is that since it has never been ridden even a single meter, I don't have the heart to turn an unridden gem into a used one, so can't enjoy it other than visually.. :(

Frame: Nakamura Summit 1997, double-butted Cro-Mo, 44cm

Fork: Rigid Nakamura Cro-Mo

Headset: Diatech
Stem: Control Lite System
Handlebar: Nakamura-branded
Grips: SRAM Gripshift
Barends: Nakamura-branded

Brakes: Shimano XT M739
Brake Pads: Shimano XT M739
Brake Levers: Dia-Compe Power Control PC-7EXA

Shifters: SRAM SRT 800X X-Ray Gripshift
Front Derailleur: Shimano XT M739
Rear Derailleur: Shimano XT M739
Derailleur Cables: Shimano
Cassette: Shimano
Chain: Shimano
Cranks: Sugino Impel 42/32/22
Crank Bolts: Sugino
Chainrings: Sugino
Chainring bolts: Sugino
Bottom Bracket: ?
Pedals: N/A

Hub Skewers: Shimano
Rims: Ritchey Rock RCX
Hubs: Shimano LX M563 Parallax
Tyres: Maxxis C-1160 1.95" Grey-Skinwall

Saddle: Ritchey Vector
Seatpost: ?
Seatpost Binder: KK

Weight: 10.9 kg (w/o pedals and barends)

p5pb15767562.jpg

I like that, the colour looks nice too. Need some more pics, close ups ;) :)

Mark

Re:

Thanks guys! Still have to polish the shiny parts, but here are some close ups. Pretty much the only thing showing signs of ageing are the cranks with some oxidation stains. Considering the bike has been lying around in some garage for 20 years, its condition is amazing!

p5pb15781724.jpg

p5pb15781726.jpg

p5pb15781727.jpg

p5pb15781728.jpg

p5pb15781729.jpg

p5pb15781731.jpg

p5pb15781733.jpg

Re:

This is awesome! Reminds me of my own Nakamura Shadow Pro, which goes with RST fork.

I bouth it used in 1999. Contiously used ever sinced, which means, a lot of replacement have been done. Still original are the rear brake, Front Derailleur: Shimano LX, Rear Derailleur: Shimano LX.

What is astonishing is how similar your frame is to mine (Except my oval downtube). I love this bike.

Back