1994 Brodie Expresso

Havent had time to finish this as too busy :roll: should get it finished next week now.

A couple more shots from the other day P1011031 (Medium).JPG P1011029 (Medium).JPG P1011027 (Medium).JPG

Last edited:
Re: 1994 Brodie Expresso - finished (for now)

:LOL: as usual, finished when it was getting dark, so the obligatory poor light shots until i get a chance to take some in the sun :)

Never owned a Brodie but building it i have had time to look over the frame and have to say, its beautiful. It just seems well made and feels light, even built up. I am really looking forward to riding it. Had a few setbacks near the end and a day of mishaps but finally there for now. :D

Just leaving it as is for now and going to ride it, probabaly next week now, but eventually i may strip it down and touch up and replace the decals on the frame and all the Syncros ones too.

The brake calipers ended up being Dia Compe instead of XT as the fork brace hasnt got spring holes and replaced the Syncros bar with another one which is slightly longer. Noticed a slight bit of play in the BB which i couldnt detect when it was off the bike but the axle is slightly too long so thats something i will be replacing anyway, but for now its done, so here are a few shots of it as is :)

Mark P1011145 (Medium).JPG P1011144 (Medium).JPG P1011139 (Medium).JPG P1011136 (Medium).JPG

Last edited:

Good job Mark. I look forward to your ride report :)

raidan73":1oc5bepf said:
Good job Mark. I look forward to your ride report :)

Thanks Adrian, im looking forward to riding it :D

1994 Brodie Expresso - finished

Took some pics in better light, will take some more when i get out on it next week :)

Here's the spec list:

Frame: '94 Brodie Expresso

Fork: RS Mag 21

Headset: Raceface realseal
Stem: Syncros
Handlebar: Syncros
Grips: Odi Attack

Brakes: Dia Compe 987
Brake Pads: yes
Brake Cables: yes
Cantilever cable hangers: R Shimano/ F Tektro power
Brake Levers: Shimano XT M737

Shifters: Shimano XT M737
Front Derailleur: Shimano XT M738
Rear Derailleur: Shimano XT M737
Derailleur Cables: yes
Cassette: Shimano
Chain: Shimano
Cranks: Shimano XT M737
Crank Bolts: Shimano
Chainrings: Shimano
Chainring bolts: yes
Bottom Bracket: Shimano XT
Pedals: Shimano XT

Hub Skewers: yes
Rims: Mavic 117 SUP CD
Hubs: Shimano XT M737
Nipples: yes
Spokes: yes
Tyres: Ritchey Z Max
Tubes: yes

Saddle: Flite Ti
Seatpost: Syncros
Seatpost Binder: Salsa

Weight: Light for steel with forks :D

Mark P1011195 (Medium).JPG P1011189 (Medium).JPG P1011190 (Medium).JPG P1011211 (Medium).JPG

Last edited:
Re: 1994 Brodie Expresso - finished

a few more... P1011214 (Medium).JPG P1011223 (Medium).JPG P1011201 (Medium).JPG P1011213 (Medium).JPG

Last edited:

last few. P1011191 (Medium).JPG P1011200 (Medium).JPG P1011185 (Medium).JPG

Last edited:

Sun was out today :)

Just a quick pic, will post more later. B E o1.JPG

Last edited:
Re:

That's gone together really nicely, and a usable build spec too. 737/9 is probably my favourite groupset, XTR quality but without the associated fragility. :cool:

Back