1992 Grove Innovations X Frame ... Part 2 New Frame!

Re: Re:

ridevintagemtb":15ntc8ao said:
Hotwheels.":15ntc8ao said:
Impossible, different bottle cages.

I took them off and used the Ringle.

Gotta ask, how tall are you? I have been thinking about how this will fit since I got it.

Re: 1992 Grove Innovations X Frame

Kind of growing on me, and do you get discount at the paint shop? :LOL: i like the colour and it looks in ok condition too!

Mark

mkone":2e0ls064 said:
Kind of growing on me, and do you get discount at the paint shop? :LOL: i like the colour and it looks in ok condition too!

Mark

I like the colour as well and its in pretty decent shape. I'll touch up the chain suck area and buff our the marks on it. Should look pretty good. I just really like those wild Grove paint jobs and its so hard to find any these days.

No paint discount ... yet. My powdercoater loves me though, and I am getting to know the chromer :LOL:

Re:

Some progress ...

NOS XT headset installed with the FTW Accutrax and that’s a Peterson SE U brake.

Mock up. XT 735, IRD post, Grafton Cranks, NOS Ti Vetta SL, NOS Campy/XT wheelset, Smoke and Dart reissues, and a stem and bar that won’t be used in the actual build.

impressive. Right up my 'street'

Re:

great find and good preliminary build! like it.
hope you will leave the paint as it is though.
no rust, no repaint! ;)

Re:

The paint touched up pretty well and the black with the green looks nice. I had a few parts that tied the green in so that helped.

I have a Grove Mtn Stem coming for for it with some rise and length so that should help with the fit.

I just need to decide on a front brake, find a 3DV rear Ringle skewer in my parts bins, sort out a seat clamp, and slap a chain in it :)

Re:

Lovely bike you've got there.

Cheers to that!

27111299697_e6ec4a3a1a_c.jpg

Back